this question has been asked so many times but...

Options
im looking for a way to get the most accurate reading on calories being burned throughout my day. i dont really wanna stop every few minutes to do a pulse reading with those touch hrm's. im curious as to how many calories i burn on a typical day, i'm a waitress and my heart gets going to the point that i even sometimes start to sweat a lil so i would like to know whats going on. i wouldnt mind wearing a chest strap as long as it was comfortable and was reading my calories burned throughout my day. so my question is: which brand/model hrm do you suggest?

.stephanie.

Replies

• daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    i dont think wearing a heart monitor all day will be accurate though...
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and I love it. It does come with a chest strap and it's very comfortable.
  • tmaksparkie
    Options
    Buy a bodybugg. I have one and love it. I used to wear it 24/7 now I only wear it when I go to the gym because I already know how much I burn everyday and WOW was the machines at the gym and the formulas wrong. I burn way more then they say no wonder I was not losing I was not eating enough. Their is another arm band like the bodybugg but I cannot remember the name of it. Check it out it is awesome. I got it because they use them on the biggest loser and the trainers at the gym recommend them if you want to know your real number of cals you burn and not by a formula that is just an estimate. Hope this helps.
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I also use a polar f6 and I love it too. It is very comfortable and don't even realize I have it on sometimes. I have been told bodybugs are also accurate but it's out of my budget. Good Luck!
  • stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Buy a bodybugg. I have one and love it. I used to wear it 24/7 now I only wear it when I go to the gym because I already know how much I burn everyday and WOW was the machines at the gym and the formulas wrong. I burn way more then they say no wonder I was not losing I was not eating enough. Their is another arm band like the bodybugg but I cannot remember the name of it. Check it out it is awesome. I got it because they use them on the biggest loser and the trainers at the gym recommend them if you want to know your real number of cals you burn and not by a formula that is just an estimate. Hope this helps.

if u remember, do post! please :) that's exactly why i want a more accurate reading, cuz i know the formula is off and based on average rate. i guess i get a lil "anal" when it comes to stuff like this, i have to be accurate all the time and know exactly whats going in my mouth and what calories are being burned. thank u for ur suggestion!

.s.
  • stephalvarez5
    Options
    I also use a polar f6 and I love it too. It is very comfortable and don't even realize I have it on sometimes. I have been told bodybugs are also accurate but it's out of my budget. Good Luck!

thank u so very much for ur suggestion. i WILL look into this.
  • stephalvarez5
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and I love it. It does come with a chest strap and it's very comfortable.

thanks hon!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I, too, have the Polar F6 and it was THE BEST investment in myself I've made EVER. Hands-down. :smile: It's simple to use and it's comfortable.
  • kmahly
    kmahly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would second Bodybugg. I wore one for about a year, and although nothing is 100%, it does give you some good numbers to work with.

I would say, however, that after about a year of use, I didn't feel the need to wear it anymore. Eventually you figure out how much you burn doing what- and sadly, how little you burn when are sitting all day doing computer work, lol. So you might want to keep in mind that it may not be something you want to wear forever once you have a feel for how much you burn (although there are plenty of people who feel that once they have one, they couldn't live without it).
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    A Bodybugg requires a yearly subscription. I don't recommend it for that reason. It's not an option for everyone.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    The only reason I dont get the bodybugg is the high cost for a subscription.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I agree with above comments, a HRM is not really designed to be worn all day. Check out the recent thread someone made saying they burned 5000 cals a day and Polar claims to be 97% accurate so there has to be an error somewhere.

Just check out your burn meter here. I myself burn 1700 calories a day existing, no exercise included.

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/calories-burned.php