I HATE eggs! Help me

2»

Replies

• mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    how about switching to any form of protein that you love? there's no rule that eggs are breakfast food and a turkey burger isn't. You can have a protein shake, a Quest protein bar. Nothing is higher in protein per calorie than some of the fish. Ahi is amazing that way. Smoked salmon is a traditional breakfast food in my culture and I have it at least a couple of times a week. So the answer is: Pick anything else in the world with protein, and have it for breakfast.
  • vegwrangler
    vegwrangler Posts: 143 Member
    Here is a link to many egg free options that are entirely plant based: http://www.buzzfeed.com/deenashanker/vegan-breakfasts

My husband and I dig on the tofu tacos!

When I could still have eggs (found out I'm allergic to an enzyme in the whites before saying screw it, I'm vegan) I used to enjoy scrambling them with quinoa and/or rice and beans so I didn't have to just stare at the runny goo in the pan and had something else to smell cooking other than just eggs. Toss in some veggies and/or cheese and it's a great substitute for an omelet.

Also, adding Bragg's liquid aminos (kind of like soy sauce) and sriracha mask the smell nicely as well.

Best wishes in your pursuit of alternatives :-)!
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    I have been seeing posts like this constantly on these forums. Frankly, I am baffled as to why they are such hot topics. Especially the ones about "I don't like water." That apparently is a hot,-button issue among a great many MFP members, as well as a hot topic. Here we go again. Fill in the blank. This time, it's.eggs. No need for this to drag out to 200 and 300 posts. I know it probably will.

Eat eggs and hate it.

OR

Don't eat eggs and don't worry about it.

Case closed.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    hqdefault.jpg