24yrs. Female. 5 Foot 7 inches. 230 lbs starting weight

Options
I am looking for women around my age, height and weight who would like to get fit with me. I have started a couple times but have not followed through. Now is the time. Anyone out there with the same specs as me?

24yrs. Female. 5 Foot 7 inches. 230 lbs starting weight, Binghamton NY area :)

Replies

• s_light
    s_light Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, Female, 5'9, 213 starting weight, live in Colorado. Feel free to add me, always looking for more MFP friends.
  • EuphonyChloeH
    EuphonyChloeH Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I started off in the same boat two years ago, same height, weight and age. since then I've gotten down to 155. I did gain back some weight, I'm currently at 180 but I'm working it back off. Feel free to add me if you'd like advice or even just motivation. I worked with a trainer and nutritionist, so I've got a good amount of reliable advice. You can totally do it :)
  • marykate723
    marykate723 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 29, closer to 5'8" (when I stand up straight!) but I'm now down to your weight after losing 24 pounds. A few years ago, I started out at 230 and lost successfully. It feels different this time- I realized how quickly I had reached my highest point and it kind of scared me into cracking down on things. Now I am super-motivated and doing it the right way by not being overly restrictive so I know I can maintain this way of life. My initial goal is 180 with the plan to reassess when I get there. Feel free to add me!
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Courtney. I am a 26yr old female with PCOS. I am 5'3 tall. I started off at 257lb and current down to 214lb so I still have a long way to go. I originally joined the site a few years ago but after seeing little success I gave up. I am back at it again and so far I have lost more weight and stuck with it longer then ever before. I am always up for new friends. I would love to build my support system as well as join other people support system. Feel free to add me as a friend and send me a message any time :)
  • onlydancing
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'7", 27 years old, 200 starting. I'd love to be a part of a group of something. Feel free to add me if you like! :-)
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    Hi Im 25, 5'8, currently 211 aiming to get somewhere around 160. Feel free to add me x
  • OliveDove18
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I sent out some friend requests, I'm looking forward to seeing what you eat during the day, to give me new ideas so I don't get bored and quit. My first goal is to make it to onederland then i'd like to hit 160lbs as my end goal. 70 lbs seems like so much to lose, so I'm going to need all the motivation and help I can get. Thanks Ladies!
  • Rocky791
    Rocky791 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" as well and started at 232lbs. I'm down to 217.4 lbs now and my goal is 150 lbs. I'm older than you (35) but feel free to add me!
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    i am from BINGHAMTON, NY!!!

i am 32, 5'5 and am 261 with over 100lbs to lose and i have PCOS so follow a low sugar/low carb diet and try to exercise 5x a week, mostly in my living room in the morning before everyone gets up and before i go to work

we can be friends :-)
  • kiesha22001
    kiesha22001 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, 5'7", and currently 212.4 and still trying to lose. My first goal is to get to 199.9, and then 175/180, and eventually to 160ish? I'm not sure for the final goal.

I don't use MFP's calculations for goals, but I do use it for food tracking because it has a great database! I also go by weekly totals instead of daily. I use my own spreadsheet to manage my progress. Yep, I'm a geek.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 7(.5), 35, starting weight 224. Current weight 183 - GW 150. Always seems a tad unfair the weight loss shows less on us tallish ladies. I'm from the UK.
  • anewdesign
    anewdesign Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    hey there - 5'7", 28 years old here from Toronto! highest weight was 244, two years later my current weight is 196.2 (as of this morning). current end goal is 150, but we shall see if that changes as i get closer.

i have difficulty sticking to something longer than a few weeks myself - would love some new active friends to inspire me and that i can help motivate too! will be starting Focus T25 as soon as it arrives in the mail (hopefully this week!) and looking forward to getting some good results from pushing myself.

i know 70 feels like a lot - and it is. plot out monthly goal for yourself that are more attainable, and the big number wont seem so scary. we can do this!

** edited to add Toronto
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started at 244, I'm 5'8", and just turned 28. My diary is kind of a mess for the last week due to vacation and being sick, but I logged consistently before that and I'm getting back to logging consistently today.
  • embry0603
    embry0603 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 30, 5'7, and I started at 280. I am now at 250.8. My long term goal is to lose another 50 pounds. I am doing little by little tho so my next goal is to be 240 by August 13. Feel free to add me! I am starting to lose motivation but trying hard to get back on track.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me, really. XD I am also 5'7" =D I'm 28, and currently 275. I've been working on losing weight for a little over a year. I didn't start actually using this app til late May 2013.....and, man, I wish I would have started using it when I first looked into in 2011 >.<
  • inthesaddle29
    inthesaddle29 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So glad to find this! I am 26 and started at 230 as well... I am down to 216 and need motivation to keep dropping the lbs! I am a mother of 3 and I am dedicated this time to shaking the weight off... Feel free to add me anytime :) Ready for the change, I have set myself small goals and I will be under 200 lbs by Halloween :)
  • LStonePTL
    LStonePTL Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm also a New Yorker. Perry, NY to be exact. I am 32, 5'6.5 I also started out at 230lbs. and after 13 mo. I am now at 176. My goal is 155. I thought the same thing about how hard it was going to be to lose 75lbs. but now that I'm 3/4 of the way there I KNOW I can do it. Only by the grace of God... but I can do it. You can too!!
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, 26, and am currently 238. I started at 268. Goal weight is 150. Feel free to add me.
  • laban1ca
    laban1ca Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    23, 5'7" and started at 210.
  • DawnGlendenning
    DawnGlendenning Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm 29. 5'8 and started MFP at 219. I'm now at 205...down 14 pounds. I've logged consistently for 128 days now...I normally would have quit but my husband is logging now too and wow, it sure helps!!! I'd love you to add me so I can see what you are eating too to get some new ideas!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!