Wanna run a 10K with me? - San Diego

amandalc980
amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I am doing a 10K on Thanksgiving. Anyone want to join me? I am on average a 12 minute mile runner. Anyone? http://www.kathyloperevents.com/hungry/

Replies

• sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    UGH if I were staying in town on Thanksgiving I so would. That is about my pace too and I love 10k's!! Maybe another race?
  • amandalc980
    That would be awesome! I totally need a running buddy. My husband just isn't motivated. This is my first 10k, I am a little nervous. I have done two 5ks now though. Any advice?
  • :frown: I don't have the guts to bust out a 10K yet plus I will be at my mom's house that morning (possibly attempting a 5K). Have you thought about Jinglebell 5K? It's December 11th 8am in Balboa
  • DeepSeaDoc_Wife
    DeepSeaDoc_Wife Posts: 112 Member
    I may do the December 11th one! I am out of town for Thanksgiving
  • Sweet! Maybe we can all do Jingle Bell together?!:smile:
  • amandalc980
    I'm already signed up for the Jingle Bell run. :) I think the hubby and kids may join me for that one.
  • DeepSeaDoc_Wife
    DeepSeaDoc_Wife Posts: 112 Member
    We should have made a team or group!
  • well this will be fun! It'd be nice to meet you guys! I'm definitely going to sign up now!

Amanda tell Annalisa to join in! Are you guys dressing up?
  • sunnyk8
    My company's Christmas party is the night before... I don't think I'll make it to the Jingle Bell lol.
  • You will with the help of some red bull- pull an all nighter and come running! hehe:tongue:
  • amandalc980
    I am just wearing antlers, wasn't sure what else to wear. Analisa is signing up, too. Come on Sunnyk8! What better way to work off a hangover?
  • sunnyk8
    I will think about it... the only thing is I'm training for a half marathon and I need to see where my running group is at that weekend. If we are repeating mileage we have already done then I can probably do it, but if we are doing a new distance I should probably go to that.

Hmm, it does sound pretty fun to do a run with all the MFP-ers though. Might justify skipping run group... What pace do you guys normally do?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Amanda - did you do the Del Mar Mud Run?
  • amandalc980
    I didn't do it. I had a 5k the day after it and didn't want to be too sore. :( I am trying to pick my runs more carefully so I won't miss out on something like that next time.

I run a 10:30 mile now. However, with the run being in Balboa I am pretty sure I will be more of a 11:30 mile. Very crowded and lots of evasive movers to get around walkers, kids, dogs, strollers and out of the way of 9 minute runners.
  • I've been pacing myself at a 12-13 minute mile when I'm doing my 5 mile jog on the weekend around miramar lake- it's a little hilly and I think part of that pace is mental. Granted with a shorter distance, adrenaline, and someone else next to me going faster I'll pick it up to try to match you guys! I'll do whatever you guys want to do!
  • sunnyk8
    I run between 11-12, usually. :) So this could work out very nicely! I'll keep you updated, but I'll probably sign up :)
  • amandalc980
    We can create a MFP team for the 15K Resolution Run in January.

http://sandyfeetevents.com/resolution-run-5k-15k/

What do you think? We just need 5 people.
  • Shoot!
    I'm going to be in Vegas that weekend :frown: That would've been a perfect boost (my birthday goal is the following week).
    Going to run with you via satellite on a treadmill at Bally's.
  • Hey- I average a 10:30 min mile on my run yesterday! I am ready to hang with you guys at Jingle bell!
  • sunnyk8
    I am interested in the 15k. Will let you know within the next few days :)

But unfortunately I can't do the Jingle Bell with you beautiful ladies. I just checked my running group and we are due for 10 miles that day. I've never gone that distance before so I should probably stick with them.

Hope you have fun though!
This discussion has been closed.