Gave blood today

Options
DonM46
DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
The tech said I should eat a good meal.
Any suggestions?
Should a particular macro be stressed? Suppressed?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter, just eat food. I give blood every 8 weeks, usually in the morning before I eat anything (which they advise against), but I've never had any problems. I usually have a free ice cream cone after, then just go home and eat a meal.
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    I used to give blood but I fainted once and embarrassed myself even though I ate a lot that day. X: Too scared to do it again. But yeah fill yourself with enough foods, it doesn't really matter. They give out ton of cookies and snacks, juice afterward. ^^
  • mg1123
    mg1123 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's the standard line you get when you donate blood or other blood-related products (platelets, plasma, a double, etc). You're to avoid smoking or alcohol for a set amount of time, no strenuous activity for a while, you may need to keep the bandage/bandaid on for a while (platelets is 4 hours). When you donate blood, you need to be sure that you keep your health up, since your body is replenishing the blood and fluids. So drink lots of fluid, eat a balanced meal (as in protein, vegetables, fruit) and take care of yourself/