Crossfit at home?

Options
Does anyone do Crossfit workouts at home? I'm looking at some sites via Google but would love some "real life" stories.

TIA!

Replies

• Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Does anyone do Crossfit workouts at home? I'm looking at some sites via Google but would love some "real life" stories.

TIA!

You can but probably need a fair amount of equipment. Off the top of my head...

- Squat stand or Power Rack
    - Barbell x 2
    - Bumper plates
    - Boxes or Platforms for jumping
    - Chin-up bar
    - Medicine Balls
    - Kettlebells

Those would be some of the basic needs for some kind of home CF. Nice to have type stuff...

- Headstand press bars (not even sure what they're called)
    - Big tire & Sledgehammer
    - Rings
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    - Barbell x 2

i believe they are called parallettes. why two barbells?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm probably doing "99" for time tonight, which is:

1 mile
    33 pushups
    1 mile
    33 squats
    1 mile
    33 burpees
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    - Barbell x 2

For being able to move quickly from one exercise to the next. For instance, going from a Power Clean to a Thruster or something along those lines, especially where a fairly significant difference in the load used for the lift. Since CF exercises are done in rapid succession and done for time, you don't want to mess around with swapping out plates too much. I would think at least.
  • agar62
    agar62 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did

6 butterfly sit ups
    9 push ups
    12 alt. lunges

Every minute on the minute for 15 minutes.

I am SORE today! (I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks).

I would say some inexpensive home equipment could be:

speed rope for double unders
    kettlebell for swings or snatches
    Medicine Ball for wall balls
    a couple of free weights to squat with (if you don't want to spend the money on a barbell just yet)
    and a pullup bar that you can put in the door frame

There are a lot of different combos you could do at home just those items

You can also do Burpees, mountain climbers, air squats, etc. all without any weights or extra equipment at all.
  • HenryBurke
    HenryBurke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes, today was 100 jump rope, 10 (55lb) kettlebell swings, 10 push ups, 10 rounds.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    You can do some, but most homes don't have high enough ceilings to be able to make use of things like rings, pullup bar stations tall enough to do C2B pullups, wall balls, plyo boxes, or overhead presses with plates loaded on a barbell.

Also bear in mind that the very nature of those circuit training style workouts makes it virtually impossible to maintain good form throughout the entire workout. Without someone monitoring you and letting you know when you need to pause before you continue because your form is starting to slack, you're going to inevitably injure yourself.
  • satan__
    satan__ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Crossfit is a 1 way street to snapcity, PLEASE do not do crossfit. Everything about it is wrong down to the very foundation by which you do exercises on that program. Just do a normal weightlifting regiment ffs.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    - Barbell x 2

Sometimes the randomly generated circuit class calls for two weights to be set up at the same time.

Years ago, before it became this whole thing, I would choose to do a WOD that contained the equipment I had, exercises that met my current ability and condition, and do that.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Crossfit is a 1 way street to snapcity, PLEASE do not do crossfit. Everything about it is wrong down to the very foundation by which you do exercises on that program. Just do a normal weightlifting regiment ffs.

giphy-303.gif

Here we go with the exercise nazis...

OP, there are a number of crossfit workouts you can do at home, just depends on the equipment you have available. There are also several that are just body weight exercises (watch out though because according to some people, body weight exercises can be dangerous).
  • satan__
    satan__ Posts: 11 Member
    Options

giphy-303.gif

Here we go with the exercise nazis...

OP, there are a number of crossfit workouts you can do at home, just depends on the equipment you have available. There are also several that are just body weight exercises (watch out though because according to some people, body weight exercises can be dangerous).

Referance this for all info on crossfit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Broscience is hilarious but there is nothing wrong with crossfit type workouts as long as you aren't a moron. i.e. lifting too heavy or using terrible technique. Some of the most gruelling work outs I have ever done have only involved body weight, nothing too dangerous there.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

Broscience is hilarious but there is nothing wrong with crossfit type workouts as long as you aren't a moron. i.e. lifting too heavy or using terrible technique. Some of the most gruelling work outs I have ever done have only involved body weight, nothing too dangerous there.

Thank you! Sometimes common sense and logic is hard for peepz to comprehend.