Motivation Glasses

Options
Ok. So, I'm a visual person. Yes, I know how much weight I've lost, and I know how much I still need to lose. BUT, don't you think it sinks in better when you have a visual aid? I have to admit, I got this idea from Pinterest (where MOST of my ideas come from!) These are my motivation glasses (pictured below). All I used to decorate them was some Sharpies. In case you can't see the writing very well, one of them says, "Time to Get Fit" and "I can do this!" and the other says "Time to Celebrate!" and "I Rock!". Inside each glass are some glass beads, each one representing a pound. In the "Time to Get Fit" glass are the pounds I still have to lose. In the other glass, the beads represent the pounds I've lost. (Duh.) Each time I weigh myself, and I've lost weight, I move that number of beads over to the Celebrate glass. It's fun and VERY motivating to see the Celebrate glass begin to fill up, and the Get Fit glass get more and more empty! You might think I'm a dork (hell, I even think I'm a dork!), but who the hell cares? I do what works for me. I'm sharing this because it may work for you, too!

2d9i8j.png

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this awesome idea!!! I am very visual too so I get its appeal and am glad it's working well for you!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I like them, cute idea.
  • shiningpotential
    Options
    Thanks!! I always look forward to moving some beads over. :)