30 yr old - broken heart - learning to love myself

Options
So a guy I was recently dating for a few months and getting on really well with just disappeared. Rather than thinking he was a douche for not telling me he was no longer interested in me, I kept thinking what was wrong with me? what did I do wrong?

I know that no-one should be able to make me feel rubbish about myself other than me and if I don't love myself and think I'm awesome then no-one else will.

So I am hoping to learn to love myself and have decided that I need to start with a healthier body and mind. I want to lose close to 40Ilbs and need all the motivation and support I can get.

So please send me a friend request and maybe we can help each other out with our own goals. x

Replies

• amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about him! You were only dating him a few months! Work on making yourself healthier. You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • missemmibelle
    missemmibelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    In my experience, married or attached men (cheaters) are the ones who go poof.

Don't worry though, you likely dodged a bullet. Also, there is life after heartbreak.

Add me if you'd like.
  • NattieRose80
    NattieRose80 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    All things happen for a reason! his loss. Men like that are just boys and you are probably better off that he is no longer in your life. I was there once. All things happen in time. You will find someone amazing with their own faults of course but in time.
    Learning to love yourself comes first, you are amazing because you are the only you around. You were created for a purpose.
    This journey to a healthier mind body and sole will be just what you need.

God Bless.
  • kittenface78
    kittenface78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As you say, look at it that he has let you go because he was not good enough for you! Get back out there and find the right one now that you are free to. Getting to a healthy weight will help your self esteem too.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    So a guy I was recently dating for a few months and getting on really well with just disappeared. Rather than thinking he was a douche for not telling me he was no longer interested in me, I kept thinking what was wrong with me? what did I do wrong?

I know that no-one should be able to make me feel rubbish about myself other than me and if I don't love myself and think I'm awesome then no-one else will.

So I am hoping to learn to love myself and have decided that I need to start with a healthier body and mind. I want to lose close to 40Ilbs and need all the motivation and support I can get.

So please send me a friend request and maybe we can help each other out with our own goals. x

This is a great first step!

Breakups suck. Rejection sucks. I wasted a lot of years letting other people make me feel bad about myself. Getting in shape was one of the best things I've ever done for my self-esteem. I also found some other hobbies that gave me a sense of accomplishment, and that has been awesome. When you start to value yourself for a number of different reasons, outside of appearance alone, confidence comes pretty readily.

Good luck to you!
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    ahhh! motivation to get in shape from a breakup!

Good for you - looking long term make it all about you, but in the short term if you can harness those feelings into positive energy..

craft that body into anything you want.

good luck! :flowerforyou:

and you won't believe it, but the world is full of men - and I have cut contact with many women myself - typically it has nothing to do with the women. just got bored, uninterested, or wanted to focus on someone or something else.

no biggie - the world moves on.. better now then married without a prenup.

best of luck!
  • SUPSTAR65
    SUPSTAR65 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I am overwhelmed by your words of love and support...definitely what I needed! x
  • ninaxviii
    ninaxviii Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow that's horrible, the same thing happened to my best friend a few months ago and it was just awful to watch the complete breakdown of confidence!
    Absolute best of luck to you, I really really hope you get to a great place physically and mentally. Try involving your friends in some exercise like tennis/swimming or a team sport so you have people to hang out with and distract you and are surrounded by people you love!
    Good luck x
  • CarlaNeverGivenUp
    CarlaNeverGivenUp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. Love your attitude! You are on your way girl!