Fit Test Polar F11

Options
Hi Guys,

I done the fitness test (VO2Max) and the result was rubish lol, i thought i was doing well at this fitness lark. My resting heart rate is below 60. I'm just not sure how the hell this little thing is working out my fitness to be low?

Anyone?

Al

Replies

• AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I done the fitness test (VO2Max) and the result was rubish lol, i thought i was doing well at this fitness lark. My resting heart rate is below 60. I'm just not sure how the hell this little thing is working out my fitness to be low?

Anyone?

Al
  • lolakey
    lolakey Posts: 91
    Options
    Isn't it good to have a lower resting heart rate?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/moser9.htm It says that 70 is normal for a man. You are lower ... that's great! The lower resting heart rate the better.

Mine is usually around 70.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    yes, the lower your RHR, the less stress on the heart. Why do you think it's Rubbish Al?
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Sorry, you miss understand. I thought my fitness was getting better as i saw my resting heart rate fall and is now under 60, but the fitness test on my F11 gives my a score of 27 - 30, which is Very low - low fitness. Thats what i'm not sure about.

Thanks

Al
  • banks1850
    Options
    oh, then I don't know what that means. I don't have an F11 so I can't really tell you. What does it say on the polar site about that?

Maybe your oxygen levels don't correspond to your RHR?

this has something to do with how long it takes to recover right? I know that my recovery time over the last 6 months went from almost 6 minutes to now at about 3.5. It takes a while Al, it can take 6 months to a year to really get that under control.
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Well i thought it was soley based on HR, i don't think the chest strap can measure anything else can it?

This is what the handbook says regarding the test
    The Polar Fitness Test is an easy , safe, and quick way to measure your aerobic (cardiovascular) fitness at rest. The polar Fitness Test is developed for healty adults.

Polar OwnIndex is a result of this test. It is comparable to maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max), which is commonly used to evaluate aerobic fitness. Your OwnIndex reading is most meaningful when comparing your individual values over time.

To make sure the test results are reliable, the following basic requirements apply:
    1) The more relaxed you are and the more peaceful the testing enviromnet is the more accuarate the test result. (No television, telephone or other people talking to you.)
    2) Repeat the test always in similar condtions and on the same time of day.
    3) Avoid heavy physical effort, alcohol and unprescribed pharacological stimulants on the test day and the day before. Avoid eating a heavy meal and smoking 2 - 3 hours prioer to the test..

After doing the test the watch gives a score.

And for my age range this is the range.

age 25 - 29,
    Score less than 31 = very low fitness
    31-35 = low
    36-42 = fair
    43-48 = moderate
    49-53 = good
    54-59 = very good
    greater than 59 = Elite

and i scored 31 :grumble:

Do you recon its my weight? maybe it calcs see my 282lbs bulk and that gives a crap score?

Sorry for long post

Al
  • banks1850
    Options
    I think I can take this test with my F6, I'll check, if I can, I'll see what it gives. It probably has to do with your RHR and your other factors.
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Ok, cool. I just thought with a low resting HR i'd have a better score than 31 lol

Al