How about this?

Options
How does your way of eating measure up to how you used to eat? I have been thinking and comparing on all I would eat in my, let's say, bad eating days. I recently did an average intake calculation of what I used to eat, and man, it is scary. I always joke that the only veggies I got then were from the Chinese buffet and potato and corn chips, and the only fruit was cherry ice cream and apple pie. To think of the counts of a buffet: Spend an hour just gorging and walking out dizzy. Must have been what, 6000 calories? ANd the sodium. Wonder I am still alive. My daily intake was around 5000-7000 cals. No wonder I am losing at 2700!! How about you folks?

Replies

• Sie_Con
    Sie_Con Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    For me what got me wasn't necessarily "unhealthy" foods, I've always loved fruits and veg, but just mindless snacking and not watching portion. Especially in the evening. I'm a night owl, so if I have dinner around 7:30, then I would go downstairs for a snack at 9, 10:30, 12, etc until i went to sleep around 3. I was constantly adding more cheese to my meals, having a piece of toast, grabbing something from the fridge whenever I went in the kitchen. This is why MFP is really helpful for me. I can plan out my meals and really see what I am putting in my mouth. I can look and say "oh I only have 100 calories left for the day, better not have a snack, i'll just drink some tea"
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Mine was mostly portion size. I cooked lots of meat and pasta dishes. Loved breads and sweets. Sometimes I look back to when I weighed 333lbs and how I got there amazes me still.
    I eat so little now and am nevef hungry. I cant believe the way I used to be... yikes
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My evening meals were generally not too bad but my lunches used to be creamy curries, deep fried asian food, huge serves of pad thai, 3-4 serves of sushi (the kind with deep fried filling and mayo) 2 minute noodles (2 packs at a time - 1000 cals!), pizza... etc.

Then I used to snack on nuts (nothing against nuts, but I'd knock of half a kilo in a couple days) and would happy eat a whole bag of jelly lollies, or a family pack of M&Ms or a couple chocolate bars, or a large pack of chips, or 5-6 corn thins with butter, vegemite and cheese... add in 1-2 bottles of soft drink a day and voila - recipe for obesity.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Portion size was the culprit for me. I don't eat much different but I do eat a lot less.
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Mine was mostly portion size. I cooked lots of meat and pasta dishes. Loved breads and sweets. Sometimes I look back to when I weighed 333lbs and how I got there amazes me still.
    I eat so little now and am nevef hungry. I cant believe the way I used to be... yikes

I like this one a lot. I feel how you feel. I know I will look back like that one day, heck, I do now and I have only lost 11 lbs.