What are your excuses for not exercising?

Options
I want to say my dog ate my homework but I'm not sure I can get way with that! What are your excuses for not exercising today?

Replies

• KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    It's my scheduled rest day and I'm going for a massage. And maybe a beer :smile:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I don't want to. Why make excuses?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's too cold
    It's too hot
    I'm co-dependent and want to hang out with my honey
    I've had a long day and I deserve some downtime on the couch
    It will hurt because I haven't done it in a while
    I really should studying/cleaning/doing laundry/cooking

The list is endless, really.
  • skinny0000
    skinny0000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I got out of work late.
    I don't have a bicycle helmet.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have no excuse unless I am physically sick.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I am so thankful that I LOVE working out. Its more of a hobby to me than a chore.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Physical activity is torture. I was sedentary even as a child.

Physical activity causes me to feel agitated and hostile. I am told this is "adrenaline."

Exercise would not rectify my postmenopausal figure flaws anyway. It POSSIBLY, not positively, could improve them to some small degree-- but I would STILL need plastic surgery to correct them. Any improvement exercise MIGHT provide would not be worth the agony.

I am not a masochist. I don't hate myself, and I avoid pain whenever I can.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Last Thursday, I had to work from 4:30 am to 10pm. It was the next to last day of a 80 hour work week. I had to get up at the same time the next day, so I actually slept at work (I live 35 miles away). I only got about 3 hours sleep and Friday (4th), I worked from 4 am to 2 pm.

I took Thursday and Friday off.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    These days, I don't have any. :smile: At some point I realized the feeling of regret later in the day for having skipped a workout for no good reason was worse than just getting it done!

Only time I don't exercise now is on a planned rest day/week, when I need an extra day, or when life just gets in the way (but that last one doesn't happen too often, I just get up earlier and get at least a short workout in to start my day). :drinker: