I simply CAN NOT cut carbs! will I STILL lose?

Options
13»

Replies

• bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I was absolutely not willing to cut carbs for the rest of my life, so I didn't cut them to lose weight.

I have my carb goal set at 45% of my total calorie intake. Sometimes I'm under, sometimes I'm over, and sometimes (like today) I'm way way over. But I'm happy with my progress so far. And I still get to eat pizza. :happy:
  • llamajenn
    llamajenn Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much exercise you do, cutting carbs can really mess with your body. I tried to cut down a little last week (I have a photoshoot and was freaking out). I kept exercising a lot and eating enough calories, but I started feeling really off - mentally and physically. I consulted with someone who does nutrition counseling with athletes, and he suggested that my carbs were below where they should be and that being as active as I was, my body wasn't getting the fuel it needed from the right sources. Within a day or 2 of increasing my carbs back to the recommended amount, I started feeling like myself again.
    Everyone is different....what might work for one person may not work for another. But carbs aren't evil. Try to choose mostly the complex variety, and you will see better results.
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I've NEVER cut carbs (and I do endurance sports, triathlons, etc, which run on carbs) and I've lost 111 lbs.