C25K

kripstacoolbeans
kripstacoolbeans Posts: 8
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Couch to 5K is something I've wanted to do for a looong time. I gave it a try a couple of months ago, only to be hampered by a foot injury that has become somewhat chronic. Any tips on proper taping, icing, ways to ease in to it, that sort of thing that anyone can provide would be awesome.

I loved running and a huge part of my problem is that I was on a total pity party after I hurt my foot, and especially since the healing wasn't quite as it should have gone.

Thanks!

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    First get healed completely talk to a doctor if necessary. start out easy and repeat weeks if necessary. Above all else get good shoes It will make or break your C25K experience.

Graduated C25k in Sept. 4 races under my belt this season! :)
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    I am 2 weeks into C25K and I have had to stop because of knee pain. I really want to keep going so I'm resting my knees.
  • scottbaron
    scottbaron Posts: 11 Member
    Make sure you roll the arch of each foot before you start running. Roll it on a rolling pin with moderate pressure for 30 seconds each foot. This will stretch the tendon making it less likely to tear when you run. I have very high arches and this is what I need to do every day. I also have dr. made orthotics which make all the difference. Finally, get a very good pair of running shoes that fit you correctly. I suggest Brooks as the brand.

Good luck to you.
This discussion has been closed.