:(

Options
i ate a snack sized M&Ms pack but i only did it because i hadnt eaten all day i only ate like this small healthy frozen dinner that tasted bad but it was like 2 hundred calories.......... and i was so freakin hungry my mom said its okay and we will go walking to night but im still sad i really wanna lose weight

just a vent

Replies

• HellyFaye
    HellyFaye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You need to make sure to eat throughout the day. It's more important that you be eating and satisfied than starving. If you are eating too little your body will start eating muscles instead of fat. It's the worst thing you can do to your body. Really.

Please make sure you are eating. Don't punish yourself for having a little treat. Punishing yourself or talking down to yourself will not help you lose weight.

You need to love yourself. The more love you have for yourself the higher chances are that you will make better food choices and can get yourself out for excersise.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, be happy! It's ok. Walk it off but remember to eat in the future.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    i ate a snack sized M&Ms pack but i only did it because i hadnt eaten all day i only ate like this small healthy frozen dinner that tasted bad but it was like 2 hundred calories.......... and i was so freakin hungry my mom said its okay and we will go walking to night but im still sad i really wanna lose weight

just a vent

Are you over your calories? If not, then I don't see what the problem is. What is your calorie goal set at?
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    You're saying you only had like...275-300 cals ALL DAY? No wonder you're hungry! You need to feed your body.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

just a vent

Are you over your calories? If not, then I don't see what the problem is. What is your calorie goal set at?

I thought you were going to ask if she was over 18.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

just a vent

Was going to work up to it :tongue: :laugh:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    IF you are really 18 (which it doesn't seem like you are), then:

Plug your numbers (weight, goals, etc) and eat within the calorie goal that it gives you. Then you won't freak out over every little thing you eat, and hopefully you won't do dumb stuff like not eat all day.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I ate a king sized Hershey's Special Dark chocolate bar and don't even for guilty for the calories or the fact that it is a piss poor excuse for dark chocolate. It's to dark chocolate what 100 calories are to eating healthy...
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options

just a vent

It needs to be asked.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

just a vent

Was going to work up to it :tongue: :laugh:

:bigsmile:
  • Emeryeon
    Emeryeon Posts: 61
    Options
    its okay now i guess... i am eating some spinach and fish with water, and I am 18 I just am immature I guess, I turned it a few months ago though
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Please don't try to lose weight on 500 calories a day. Your body neeeeeeds food. Read this. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Edited because we were typing at the same time.
  • Emeryeon
    Options
    I ate a king sized Hershey's Special Dark chocolate bar and don't even for guilty for the calories or the fact that it is a piss poor excuse for dark chocolate. It's to dark chocolate what 100 calories are to eating healthy...
    sounds real good ...my brother just got to eat 2 boxes of rice krispies treats in front of me smh :(
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    sounds real good ...my brother just got to eat 2 boxes of rice krispies treats in front of me smh :(

You can, too! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I eat something chocolate almost every day, usually ice cream, its fine as long as its in your calorie goal. Don't think you have to be miserable and starving to loose weight. Follow the suggestions you have gotten on here and don't starve yourself.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Food is not bad.

Eat what you want, fit it in your macros. I'm assuming you're not eating enough, because you don't really seem like you're eating enough based off this post. Since your diary is private, we can't look at it and help you.

Start here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1069275-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    So many thoughts.

1.) You need to eat. For your health, and so you don't burn out and give up.
    2.) There's nothing wrong with M&Ms. But you do need to try to get enough nutrients, so start out with some actual meals first.
    3.) Life is too short to eat bad food. I hate those frozen dinners and it sounds like you do too. Just work the food you actually want to eat into your calorie goal.

Read this and follow the instructions:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Emeryeon
    Options
    i hope u guys r right cause i dont wanna gain weight but ill try eat small 3 small meals or somethin
    i dont think im getting those frozen dinners ever again cause they only make my head hurt
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    i hope u guys r right cause i dont wanna gain weight but ill try eat small 3 small meals or somethin
    i dont think im getting those frozen dinners ever again cause they only make my head hurt
    What have you set your calorie goal at?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Please read the links that we've posted. It doesn't sound like you plan to figure out what your proper calorie intake is. If you're eating 500 calories a day, and you increase your intake to something more sustainable, like 1500 (just an example, I have no idea what you need to be eating), you may see some gain until your body realizes this is how it's gonna be, and then you'll start losing. An increase in carb intake will cause that, anyway, but you'll be fine. Get a food scale. Weigh your food. Be accurate. Don't starve.