HRM suggestions

Options
Hi guys,
Can anyone please recommend me a good but cheap HRM? Probably under $40? I don't want to invest too much. And I buy most of my stuff from ebay so if anyone can recommend something available there then that will be great!

Thank you :)

Replies

• T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Geez not sure of a good one for that cheap. But honestly, this is something that you should splurge and spend on. You can find a good Polar HRM between $75-$125 and you will not be disappointed. Also, no matter what you choose you MUST get one with a chest strap for accuracy.

Finally, once you have one, you will become addicted to it.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I use Sportline HRM I got it from Walmart for $30.00, and honestly I am regretting it! I wish I would have purchased a good HRM with a chest strap that would get my HR automatically and more accurately! I am thinking of purchasing another one and taking this one back, as I saved the box and receipt!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    check on ebay. sometimes i see great deals on the polar f6
    it's where i bought mine.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Click "Search" then enter words: cheap HRM
    You will see lots of opinions.
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I bought the Timex Digital Zone Trainer on Amazon. It's the best piece of exercise equipment I've purchased. But I did spend right around 40.00 - 45.00. I'ts worth it.
  • athenafl
    athenafl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been using an HRM for many years. As other posters have said, it's much better to use a monitor with a chest strap transmitter. I started with an Omron and I see that they have them on Amazon for less than $40.

Having said that, I agree with the poster who suggested that you should spend a little extra on something a bit fancier. You won't regret it. If stretching the budget is absolutely not an option, though, the Omron is a good starter HRM.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    With a HRM, you get what you pay for. I have a Polar F6 and LOVE it! I would suggest getting one with a chest strap for more accuracy. Good luck on your journey!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Lovely hubby has just given me his precious Garmin 301 forerunner to use. Having to share it with him but I'm so excited just to see what I'm actually burning on my cycle home tonight!
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just purchased the Sigma PC15 HRM @ 27 pounds from amazon yesterday, though i'm taking help from a friend for shipment as amazon does not ship directly to my country.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sigma-PC15-Heart-rate-Monitor/dp/B000G4YOUM/ref=pd_sim_sg_1
  • RunningBird
    Options
    But honestly, this is something that you should splurge and spend on. Also, no matter what you choose you MUST get one with a chest strap for accuracy.

Finally, once you have one, you will become addicted to it.

I totally agree! I use a Garmin Forerunner 50, with a foot pod for when I'm running, and also a Heart Rate strap, which I use every time I exercise. It is pretty basic, and easy to use. I wouldn't be without it, and rely on it a lot to see how hard I'm working. I also agree that you do become addicted to it! :-)