Body Bugg

mrsewert
mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone have one that they are not using anymore?
I'm really wanting one of these and would be happy to purchase it from you.

Replies

• ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    eBay always has them. Have you checked?
  • pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    There is a new one coming out that is able to sync up to an iphone. As soon as that one comes out I am sure that there will be a ton of older ones on EBAY. I have a Go Fit Wear, which is a body bugg that you wear 24 hours. I love it!
  • sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    There is a new one coming out that is able to sync up to an iphone. As soon as that one comes out I am sure that there will be a ton of older ones on EBAY. I have a Go Fit Wear, which is a body bugg that you wear 24 hours. I love it!

The GoWearFit and BodyBugg are the same product -- you also wear the BodyBugg 24 hours a day. :)
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    ***Patiently waiting for Iphone compatible one***
  • mrsewert
    Did I mention I'm not patient? :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    I have a ton of questions about the BodyBugg...

As a relatively fit person looking to take those last 5-10 pounds off, it this tool more important than ever or just over kill? Is there anyone out there that used this to make those final tweaks?
    Also, do you have to subscribe to the website? I have heard that some people don't. Does the BodyBugg keep tracking and can you recall information on the digital display? Can I use that information here on MFP?

Thanks! Any information would be awesome!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    I've used the original gray (bulky) bodybugg when it first came out, then upgraded to the black square bodybugg and watch a year later.

I'll try to answer a few questions about it that I saw on here. First of all, I think it's a device that could be helpful to people who are trying to push past a plateau. It's supposed to be the best device on the market for monitoring how many calories you are actually burning. It's more accurate than MFP or what the cardio machines read.

In order to keep track of the data that the device monitors, you do have to subscribe to their website. I vaguely recall that being about $30 for three months, but it may have changed in the past year. You basically log your food just like you do on MFP, but the device will upload its information to give you a more accurate calorie count. This may help you to push past a plateau, especially if you've been overestimating how many calories you're burning in a day.

I have the watch, which provides a digital display througout the day, which is kind of nice when you have a goal in mind. I'm not sure if you can use the bodybugg without the website. I don't think you can get the information off of it without subscribing. I'm also not sure if it can be pulled over to MFP automatically or if you have to hand enter it.

If you're interested, I would actually like to sell my black bodybugg and display watch. I only used it for three months after purchasing it, then I gave up using it when I took a year off of going to the gym. I'd like $150 for them. Drop me a message if you're interested.

Shannon
  • mrsewert
    eBay always has them. Have you checked?

I have tried Ebay but it seems silly to buy them on there for $100+ used when I can buy online for $159 with a 6 month subscription! :laugh:
  • I hate the body bugg interface. Their website is bulky and by the time I am done entering food and stuffs in, i end up with 3 or 4 extra windows open on my computer because every time you click to enter a new area of the site, it opens a new window. And I had trouble with using their site on my phone. It seemed like every time i did, i had to change my password and then had to change it again when i used the site on my computer. From what i can tell of their forums, people have been making suggestions for improvements for quite a while with little or no movement. And their forums are one big jumble of information. Imagine these forums with no division of different types of topics. It is like clicking on "recent topics" and then trying to find relevant info... ALL THE TIME!

That being said... I do still use my bodybugg when I work out. I have the digital display and use that to track how much i burn when i am at the gym or on my bike or whatever, and then put the info in my cardio stats on here. It isn't ideal but works much better for me than their site does.
  • mrsewert
    @Yarnpiggie do you pay the monthly subscription fee doing it that way?
  • Well, I am still within the period where I get the first 6 months with it. However, the digital display is just a watch, so I don't see how it wouldn't work even if i weren't in that period. (not sure if that makes sense... words are failing me today...lol) The bugg itself is what you plug in to your computer, not the display. The display is what keeps you abreast of what you are doing during the day. Without it, you have no idea where you are in calories burned, until you plug the bugg in at the end of the day. I guess I will be surprised if the display doesn't continue working after my first 6 months are done.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    I have a ton of questions about the BodyBugg...

As a relatively fit person looking to take those last 5-10 pounds off, it this tool more important than ever or just over kill? Is there anyone out there that used this to make those final tweaks?
    Also, do you have to subscribe to the website? I have heard that some people don't. Does the BodyBugg keep tracking and can you recall information on the digital display? Can I use that information here on MFP?

Thanks! Any information would be awesome!

I got mine with less than 20 lbs to lose and I have found it to be an invaluable tool to use. You get 6 months free subscription to use the website and you can learn a lot in that period of time about how your body burns calories depending on the type and duration of activity you do each day. I log my eating in MFP and just pay attention to daily calorie burn on the BB site. I've found that if my daily deficit is more than 700 calories then I lose a pound that week.
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    I think the non bugg she was referencing ist he one that tells you about your sleep effectivness too.

I love the bugg, i do thinkt heir site is bulky. i do not have a digital display but, i would like one. i wanted to buy one used but, i wasn't gonna pay 130 for the bugg and then another 50 for the 6 month membership when i got one from teh company for 160 with a subscription and a warranty that i had to use alredy. Stuff goes wrong. I was glad i had that.

I don't know about the using it for the last few lbs. I've got plenty to go. You do learn alot tho.
This discussion has been closed.