Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken Breast

Mygsds
Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
Had to share....www.slenderkitchen.com

Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken Breasts
Servings: 4
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Nutritional Information: 227 calories, 7.3g of fat, 7.5g of carbohydrates, 0g of fiber, 35.1g of protein, 6.6g of sugar
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 6 *

Ingredients

1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast (4 pieces)
4 tsp. garlic, minced
3 tbsp. brown sugar
3 tsp. olive oil
Optional: 2-3 tsp. Cajun seasoning or grill seasoning (1-2 tsp. dried herbs like thyme or rosemary)
Optional: Fresh lemons for serving
Salt and pepper
Instructions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Arrange the chicken breasts in a prepared glass baking dish. Season with salt and pepper (adjust if your spices contain salt and pepper.)
Heat the oil in a small saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and tender. Remove from heat and add to a small bowl. Alternatively you can microwave the garlic and oil for 2 minutes to soften the garlic.
Stir in the brown sugar and any spices you are using. Pour over chicken.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until chicken is just cooked through.
Turn up the oven to broil. Broil for 3-5 minutes until sugar caramelizes on top. Serve with fresh squeezed lemon.
Adapted from Daydream Kitchen.

Replies

• amy_lynn007
    amy_lynn007 Posts: 48 Member
    Have you made this? Do I need to turn the chicken while its cooking? Thanks :) sounds great!
  • Doinitin2015
    Doinitin2015 Posts: 32 Member
    Bump
  • Mygsds
    Have you made this? Do I need to turn the chicken while its cooking? Thanks :) sounds great!

Yes I did make this and I didn't flip because it makes kind of a crust after broiling. My husband thinks should make twice the amount of spice, garlic, brown sugar and flip 1/2 way through, but I think that would be too much.... Hope you like his
  • adstott
    adstott Posts: 102 Member
    I make something like this at home, I love how moist the chicken turns out. I do not use as much brown sugar as they call for makes it a little more healthier.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Thank for this! I'm so tired of eating chicken breast, need to find a way to change up the taste. Going to try this today and report back on how it tasted.
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    The entire sites looks great.
    I think I will also need to try http://www.slenderkitchen.com/sunday-slow-cooker-pork-paprikash/.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    i made something similar recently, only the chicken breast was wrapped in bacon and seared in a skillet first to get the bacon to brown a bit, then put it in the oven, then finally about 30 seconds under the broiler. It was really yummy. Thanks for reminding me about this recipe!
  • Mygsds
    The entire sites looks great.
    I think I will also need to try http://www.slenderkitchen.com/sunday-slow-cooker-pork-paprikash/.

Absolutely love this site.. Such wonderful ideas here.. Good luck
  • mnricha927
    mnricha927 Posts: 23 Member

Nutritional Information: 227 calories, 7.3g of fat, 7.5g of carbohydrates, 0g of fiber, 35.1g of protein, 6.6g of sugar

Ingredients

4 tsp. garlic, minced
    3 tbsp. brown sugar
    3 tsp. olive oil
    Optional: 2-3 tsp. Cajun seasoning or grill seasoning (1-2 tsp. dried herbs like thyme or rosemary)
    Salt and pepper
    Instructions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Arrange the chicken breasts in a prepared glass baking dish. Season with salt and pepper (adjust if your spices contain salt and pepper.)
    Heat the oil in a small saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and tender. Remove from heat and add to a small bowl. Alternatively you can microwave the garlic and oil for 2 minutes to soften the garlic.
    Turn up the oven to broil. Broil for 3-5 minutes until sugar caramelizes on top. Serve with fresh squeezed lemon.

I made this three nights ago!! I served it with some sautéed vegetables and steamed green beans. It was a different taste than I have had before, but it was delicious!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Bump
  • alioopwontonsoup
    alioopwontonsoup Posts: 17 Member
    Bump
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Thanks for the site link. I found several great crockpot recipies!
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    saving :flowerforyou:
  • Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    Sounds delicious. Tagging to try later :)
  • Ellereiko
    Ellereiko Posts: 2 Member
    This sounds delicious!!
  • iasue
    iasue Posts: 46 Member
    That sounds delicious, I am going to have to try that.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member

Ingredients

4 tsp. garlic, minced
    3 tbsp. brown sugar
    3 tsp. olive oil
    Salt and pepper
    Instructions

interesting! i'll have to try.
  • BUMP
  • Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Sounds good....thanks for sharing!!! :smile: