Okay.. This is about my Cat

Options
2»

Replies

• Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert on this cat condition, but I would think that having your guts hanging out, multiple times is not a good thing. First of all, it probably promotes an intestinal infection which might kill the cat. Or two, it could rupture, causing the cat to bleed to death or to be poisoned by its own feces. I definately would take the poor kitty to the vet.

I'm a huge cat lover, but also have had my first experiences with a dog this year. I can say 100% that cats are SOOO much better. Although my kitty can be a bit tempramental, at least I don't have to take him for a walk (I'd rather clean the litter box every couple of days), he can self monitor his food/water intake (I just have to check the status once a day), and he doesn't have body odor and bad breath. Cats just seem more cleanly to me. My cat is three year old part Siamese, the dog is a nine year old Border Collie mix.

Yay for cats!
    Shannon
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Actually, prolapses happen more w/dogs than w/cats. I am a nurse, and trust me, it happens to people too. I've seen it. As stated earlier, it really isn't a problem unless the rectum becomes obstructed.
  • Sheepdoglady
    Options
    I had a hen which suffered a rectal prolapse once, took her to the vets as didn't have the guts to put her out of her misery. She's at the Rainbow Bridge now with my other departed fluffy kids.

I have 2 feral cats which sleep in my hay barn and work for their living.
    I also have 5 dogs who work for their living too. Sheepdogs and Border Terriers. Can't be doing with dog owners who overfeed and underexercise their dogs making them obese. It's a downright case of cruelty as much as starving it to death.

It's impossible to generalise about the amount of hair shed by a particular species, considering the variations of said species there are, be it feline or canine, ie a chinese crested dog versus a persian cat - which sheds more? A Samoyed versus a Siamese? I rest your case!
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    Actually, prolapses happen more w/dogs than w/cats. I am a nurse, and trust me, it happens to people too. I've seen it. As stated earlier, it really isn't a problem unless the rectum becomes obstructed.

oi know it happens to people too... gag

it just hurts so bad to look at it!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Is there an update to this story? I hope everything came out ok.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Is there an update to this story? I hope everything came out ok.

I tried using google to see if there was an update, but couldn't find anything. If you learn anything more, please let everyone know.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Yes, we need more information on this story. I hope your cat is ok!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Hope everything went back in!