Advice Needed! Weight Lifting while dieting.

Options
Hi Everyone!
I'm looking for advice from any women that are doing body building/ body sculpting right now or have done in the past.
I'm almost at maintenance. 2 lbs away :-)
Currently I workout 5-6 days per week. Alternating with 30 minute cardio one day, and total body weight lifting the next day. Also one day of bodypump class (high reps, low weight).

I think it's time to take it up to the next level.

Start doing low reps, high weight. E.g. 80% 12 reps, 90% for 10 reps (burn out on last rep), 100% for 6-9 reps.
Can I do this while I'm mostly still eating 1200 cals a day? Or should I not bother.
I do various free weight/machine exercises that work legs, shoulders, chest, back, biceps and triceps.

My goal is to really tone and sculpt my body. I want to look like I belong in a fitness magazine. How do I get there? Thanks for alllll your advice to come. I really appreciate it!
Any sources/book referrals are also great as my research will probably never end.

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    A great book is "The Female Body Breakthrough" by Rachel Cosgrove. Tons of great info and she teaches low reps, high weight plus how to eat while doing this. This book is my bible! I absolutely love it and I have lost 60 lbs following her plan, and I don't follow 100% so imagine what it would be like if I did!! lol Good Luck!!