this might sound lame but

Options
so today was my first time not giving into a binge urge!!! woohooo!! like literally the first time. feels like a pretty big milestone. i ate a pear instead of the ton of chocolate haha.
oh and just a side note, when running on the treadmill i tend to get competitive with those around me and try to outrun them, is anyone else like this? (but i am proud of all my "competitors" for going to the gym at the first place)

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Congrats on not binge urging. I think most people put themselves up against those around them, it gives us a reason to push harder. Good luck in your journey.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Good for you! not lame at all. The first is often the hardest.

As for the treadmill cometitiveness, as long as you don't finish up, spray them in the face with your water bottle whilst screaming "YOU LOOOOOOZEEE SUKKAH!!" then there's nothing wrong with a bit of mental motivation :wink:
  • BananaWalnutGirl_18
    Options
    I am SOOO glad you posted this! I also ate a pear today instead of eating (addictive) yogurt covered pretzels! Congratulations on practicing self control and succeeding! And I'm all for competition. While at the gym today, I raced with some guy on the rowing machine. It really got my speed and form up. Then I talked to him afterward and found out he's on the men's rowing team at my uni ^_^ Keep it up!!
  • lessbounce
    lessbounce Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It's not lame at all - it's fantastic and you've done increadably well. You need to remember this feeling, hold it in your heart and use it to give you strength next time the bing monster raises it's ugly head.
  • lemonsnlove
    lemonsnlove Posts: 200
    Options
    Not lame, awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!