Insane Again!

princesspurple
princesspurple Posts: 688
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I finished my first round of Insanity in August...I ran a marthon last Sunday, and last night, I decided to retake my fitness test, and I started up again today! I love the way this workout made my abs look/feel. and my arms...i almost forgot that!

Is anyone else starting round 1/2/3.....??????????????

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    I plan to re start round 1 tonight.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    i'm re-startin round 1 in abt 2wks. the first time i did 3wks of it & got really sick (was on antibiotics for 2months :sad: ) but i'm feelin well enough 2 really start steppin up my program. i'mma go exercise crazy 4 the next 4-5months. i'm trainin 4 a marathon that's in georgia next march. so for the next 5months i'm doin:

hip hop abs
    p90x
    insanity
    marathon training

i'm sooooo excited!! great job & good luck 2 every1!!! :drinker: <drinkin water> :flowerforyou:
  • alyz
    alyz Posts: 41
    A friend and I are planning to kick off the new year with our first round of insanity. I'm pretty curious about it. We are mostly worried about the everyday committment. How long are the workouts each day? Do you love it?
  • RedneckWmn
    A friend and I are planning to kick off the new year with our first round of insanity. I'm pretty curious about it. We are mostly worried about the everyday committment. How long are the workouts each day? Do you love it?

I can only say for the first round they are all less then 1 hour. Depending on the DVD you are doing that particular day. If you go online to the insanity website it says how long each disc is.
  • Almost done with round 1!! greatest program ever! I love it! I seen such awesome changes, not so much in weight but more in muscle tone! its great!
  • Redneckwm....when did you do your first round? You will have to keep me up to date on your new fit test:)

Goobegone-good for you, that is a lot to do in 5 months....where are you running your marathon?

alyz.....it goes by real fast...once you are through the warm up, before you know it, you are doing the ending stretch!

wilblnd7...I thought the same, not a lot for the weight loss but it changed my body for the better I am sure, and my endurance during running improved a lot!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Just started my second P90X/Insanity hybrid on Saturday. This time I will only be doing the Max dvd's from day 1. Had Max Interval Circuit last night. Best Insanity workout yet!
  • RedneckWmn
    Redneckwm....when did you do your first round? You will have to keep me up to date on your new fit test:)

Goobegone-good for you, that is a lot to do in 5 months....where are you running your marathon?

alyz.....it goes by real fast...once you are through the warm up, before you know it, you are doing the ending stretch!

wilblnd7...I thought the same, not a lot for the weight loss but it changed my body for the better I am sure, and my endurance during running improved a lot!

I started it end of September and got through about 2 or 3 weeks and then stopped. Going to pick back up again.
  • Amboo
    Amboo Posts: 30
    is this a good work out if you have lower back problems?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member

To what extent?
  • RedneckWmn

Depending what it is I would be very careful. There are a lot of jumps and such in insanity that might hurt your back.
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    I am starting my recovery week on Thursday! Then on to month 2!!! I am excited for new workouts and yet scared at the same time, I hear the month 2 videos are brutal....Not sure what to expect.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member

i'm doin it in atlanta georgia. march 20th. u can check it out here

http://georgiamarathon.com/
  • I am starting my recovery week on Thursday! Then on to month 2!!! I am excited for new workouts and yet scared at the same time, I hear the month 2 videos are brutal....Not sure what to expect.

Before you think about month 2....don't get too excited for your RECOVERY WEEK...it is still tough...Month 2 is a lot like month1 but he adds on another 10-15 mins...it is only as hard as you want to work! You can rock it!
  • Amboo
    Amboo Posts: 30
    I have degen. disc disease, arthritis, bone spurs
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Aww Thanks! To tell you the truth, I was kinda looking forward to the recovery week....but now you are the second person to tell me it is still a great butt kick LOL

Oh well, I have had great results so far and really looking forward to seeing how much my body will transform even more :happy:
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    I am starting my recovery week on Thursday! Then on to month 2!!! I am excited for new workouts and yet scared at the same time, I hear the month 2 videos are brutal....Not sure what to expect.

Before you think about month 2....don't get too excited for your RECOVERY WEEK...it is still tough...Month 2 is a lot like month1 but he adds on another 10-15 mins...it is only as hard as you want to work! You can rock it!

I love Core Cardio and Balance. My abs always come out of the program feeling nice and Insanity. I just completed a round of Insanity. I can honestly say it is the best program I have done.

Phase 1 is all around 45 mins
    Phase 2 they are closer to an hour even a little more on some days.

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    I have degen. disc disease, arthritis, bone spurs

Then no, you don't need to do Insanity. You need to consult your physician.
  • edorice said it well above.....

I did cardio power and resistance this am. It has only been a couple of months since my first round ended, but I almost forgot how much you feel your abs working through the whole workout! I was dripping sweat after 9 mins warming up:smile:

redhotsmacker-did you do the recovery today-or is that tomorrow?

stoooo-are you going again for round 2?
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    edorice said it well above.....

I did cardio power and resistance this am. It has only been a couple of months since my first round ended, but I almost forgot how much you feel your abs working through the whole workout! I was dripping sweat after 9 mins warming up:smile:

redhotsmacker-did you do the recovery today-or is that tomorrow?

stoooo-are you going again for round 2?

Not yet, the one problem I had with Insanity is I feel I lost a little muscle mass. My arms shrunk 2 inches each. Plus I want to start running some 5 and 10k's next year, so I am currently doing a hybrid that I came up with of Couch to 5k and P90X. Once I complete the 5k program I may do another round of Insanity, or just wait for P90X MC2 or Insanity's The Asylum.

Are you a coach?
This discussion has been closed.