Weight loss plateau

I have lost approx. 15 lbs so far. But now I am at a plateau and can't seem to lose weight. Any advice?

Replies

• sarahlioce
    sarahlioce Posts: 4 Member
    Hang in there. Plateaus are perfectly normal, and at 15 pounds, not unusual. Your body has adjusted to your new eating regime, so mixing it up in some way at this point can help. For example, up your exercise by 15 minutes or so, or if you aren't getting exercise every day, add a day to your routine. Also, try eating a bit more protein & fresh watery vegetables - look out for "low calorie" prepared foods which may be high in carbs, like protein bars or sugary meal replacements, etc. Eat more vegetables & less fruit, etc. You can do this!!
  • kespinoza2013
    kespinoza2013 Posts: 17 Member
    Slow and steady wins the race! I lost 50 lbs at about 6 lbs a month and then for 4 months nothing....but I kept eating well and exercising and suddenly the other day 3 lbs gone....weight loss is not linear so you will have times of little or no loss, but don't give up...the slower it comes off the longer it should stay off. When I got frustrated at not losing for months I looked on the bright side and said still least I'm not gaining! So hang in there :)
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    stop weighing for a bit and really push yourself harder. Regardless, keep doing things as you have been but don't stress over the numbers. Just go to bed each night knowing for sure you were in a calorie deficit.
  • HappyHope0123
    HappyHope0123 Posts: 101 Member
    I'm here with you! Lost 15 pounds, and now I'm down to barely .5-1 lb a week loss. I rationalize it with I must be gaining muscle, which is heavier than fat :). I still see changes. Don't get discouraged...keep going! If you're like me and have to see results, get a flexible tape measure and record your measurements now and then. I try to do this only once a month.