Exercise

Options
ChubbyBunny
ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
I have discovered that I HAVE to exercise to have this work right. I don't know if any ot you have discovered this but I was pondering my calories yesterday cause I couldn't exercise and was so grouchy that I went over 200. Well, duh, that's cause I was used to those being my exercise calories. Hats off to anyone who can do this without working out at all!

I am actually squishing a workout in today, despite having an evening engagement tonight. I was like, "I don't care if I am sweaty and disheleved at my daughters dance recital, I will at least feel better about myself AND get those 200 calories the I've missed so much. ":tongue:

I am not a gym monkey...anymore(no offense, love you all). I teach, have a tiny-mite, and obligations too.... I find even if all I do is a 20-30 minute brisk walk and then 20-30 minutes of extra cardio/resistence training I get a few extra calories that for some reason satisfies me mentally. So, if anyone is wavering on working out...let me tell you...it's made ALL the difference in my use of this site! I love it!

Anyone else discover this about themselves?

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that I HAVE to exercise to have this work right. I don't know if any ot you have discovered this but I was pondering my calories yesterday cause I couldn't exercise and was so grouchy that I went over 200. Well, duh, that's cause I was used to those being my exercise calories. Hats off to anyone who can do this without working out at all!

I am actually squishing a workout in today, despite having an evening engagement tonight. I was like, "I don't care if I am sweaty and disheleved at my daughters dance recital, I will at least feel better about myself AND get those 200 calories the I've missed so much. ":tongue:

I am not a gym monkey...anymore(no offense, love you all). I teach, have a tiny-mite, and obligations too.... I find even if all I do is a 20-30 minute brisk walk and then 20-30 minutes of extra cardio/resistence training I get a few extra calories that for some reason satisfies me mentally. So, if anyone is wavering on working out...let me tell you...it's made ALL the difference in my use of this site! I love it!

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I try to work out as much as I can but a few weeks ago I missed almost 2 weeks straight of working out because of personal problems and I actually lost a LOT more than usual.... Don't know what's up with that... My eating habits were the same, and I wasnt ill or anything. Just weird.
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    I find even if all I do is a 20-30 minute brisk walk and then 20-30 minutes of extra cardio/resistence training I get a few extra calories that for some reason satisfies me mentally. So, if anyone is wavering on working out...let me tell you...it's made ALL the difference in my use of this site! I love it!

My BFF and I are totally like that! We had this discussion a few weeks ago. If we come to work feeling gross and fatty, we'll try to squeeze in a work out during lunch really quick. Even just 30 minutes makes us feel better mentally. And personally, when I'm having a fat day I'm so unproductive! So pulling myself away for even just half an hour gets me into a better mental place, and I do alot more work and feel good about myself!

Yeah!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Eating correctly is only half the formula. If you eat a healthy diet, it will inevetably bring you back toward normal, but it won't tone your body, and it will be difficult to lose weight if you are already in a normal weight zone.