How do you stay motivated?

Options
I had a personal trainer for a yr & I worked out 5 days a week for an hr or more. Now that I no longer have a personal trainer & my workout partner moved I am having problems keeping myself motivated. How do you stay motivated? Any sugguestions would be great thanks!

Replies

• SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    Find a new partner! Seriously that's what i had to do. and find a close by support base, that has helped me tremendously as far as being accountable. good luck!
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Simple desire to better myself.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    You have to be determined to reach a goal. Whether it be a weight goal,Health goal, a self esteem goal,family goal, or a mental goal:) But theres got to be something there as a driving force behind progress! Hope this helps a little!!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Picturing what I'll look like after I get to my goal. Easy as pie! Finding the perfect program, too.
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    I have a pair of my size 0 jeans hanging on my wall and every couple weeks i plan on trying them on....hopefully next time i can get them up a little higher lol
  • techcommdood
    techcommdood Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I struggle with motivation. I don't have a trainer or a in-person exercise partner, but I do have friends online. I also try to remind myself of taking stock in the little things. Stuff like "hey, this isn't the same belt notch" and "this shirt feels looser" really help me to keep going. But mostly I've just learned to stop making promises and excuses to myself and just journal. The journal *is*... it doesn't sugar-coat any message you get from it. You see what you ate, you see how you moved, you see the result for the day. That keeps me honest.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror, my closet, my XXXXL everything, and I anticipate the day I can bag it all up, and ship it on out!!
  • BughaBear
    Options
    I dont have a trainer or someone to workout with me and believe me I have been tellin people and they would be like sure but never get around to contactin me so my motivation is me!!!! And this place has really helped alot and I have stuck to it and have not cheated once I report everything I have eaten or the workout I have done. If u want to have an online work partner I can be it we can figure something out!! But set a goal even if its a small one right now its something!!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to stay motivated lately. We're having floors replaced in our house and it's taking forever to get done (we're in week 3). My house is a wreck. My mother is visiting from out of state so my time to work out is limited. We're having Thanksgiving at our house. I can't believe that's next week! I'm not feeling so good, which doesn't help.

BUT, I remind myself how good I feel when I work out. If I run in the evening, I LOVE the feeling of fatigue in my muscles as I climb into bed.

Plus, my job is stressful. Working out gives me a much needed release. I feel much more in control when I'm working out regularly, instread of feeling like the stress controls me.

I've been tempted to cheat and eat some less than healthy things. But then I remind myself that I really do want to lose weight and look/feel good again. Eating the crap might feel good in the moment, but it won't get me where I want to be.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I think having a workout partner would be great but for me it's not possible because I don't know anyone in my area that well because we just moved here two and a half years ago so my motivation is me and my vision of what I would like to look like some day, my kids and my husband.
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    I dont have a trainer or someone to workout with me and believe me I have been tellin people and they would be like sure but never get around to contactin me so my motivation is me!!!!

This freakin happens to me all the time!! are we just smelly people?? lol.