I really want a....

Options
KrisKabob
KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
HRM!!!

This sounds silly but I am too afraid that my Hubby will be like "You don't need that!". I don't know how to approach him with this. I already told him I wanted one for my b-day (coming up in July) but I don't know if I can wait that long!!! GEEZZZ!!!

I hate hearing about all the great things about having a HRM and not being able to experience the glory with y'all!!! Plus, I want to know what I am REALLY burning!!! :indifferent:

I feel like I am in the dark about my true fitness level and that a HRM will shed some light... is the hype "all that" or should I just hold off til by b-day?????????:huh:

Replies

• KrisKabob
    Options
    HRM!!!

This sounds silly but I am too afraid that my Hubby will be like "You don't need that!". I don't know how to approach him with this. I already told him I wanted one for my b-day (coming up in July) but I don't know if I can wait that long!!! GEEZZZ!!!

I hate hearing about all the great things about having a HRM and not being able to experience the glory with y'all!!! Plus, I want to know what I am REALLY burning!!! :indifferent:

I feel like I am in the dark about my true fitness level and that a HRM will shed some light... is the hype "all that" or should I just hold off til by b-day?????????:huh:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    I couldn't wait so i bought one :tongue: a Polar F11, but i'm not friends with it at the mo cos it says i'm unift lmao
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Maybe it could be an early birthday gift? I love those..... :bigsmile:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I got mine back in Feb and it was the best $90 that I've ever spent. I love the fact that it's consistent across workouts. In other words, I can compare how many minutes I have to bike to match my running, etc. I can take my girls outside for a walk / bike ride and not have to estimate my cals. Maybe you could put it to your husband as it's part of you becoming more healthy. Isn't that good for both of you??:flowerforyou:

BTW, I have a Polar F4. It doesn't have all of the bells as whistles as the other models, but it does all that I need it to.
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    Yeah, Al... I will probably get one and be like "Whaaa! This thing says I'm totally unfit! I hate HRMs!!!"

Haha!!! :laugh:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    I looked at your profile and it says you have only a few to lose. The last few are the most difficult. I don't have a HRM. If you get one make sure it's a GOOD one. I bought a cheap-o one at Wally World and I took it back the same day(you get waht you pay for:wink: ). I have decide to wait on the Polar one I want. The calories I log in might not be exact, but they are close enough I feel for me. You might want to try looking on Ebay for a less expensive one. Husbands are great for telling us what we don't need, yet going and buying baseball throwback thing(like mine did to further his major league baseball career with the Cardinals-yeah right!!!:laugh: :noway: )
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    J/K guys!

I really want one!!! Maybe I will just get it and have it delivered to work... I'm totally kidding!

I will have to talk to Mr. Hubby and see what he thinks. He knows I love anything to do with fitness.
  • megamoo
    megamoo Posts: 8
    Options
    go for it I absolutely love mine!! motivates me and its fun to try and beat your weekly calories burned one week compared to the next!!
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    I have a HRM and I love having it. I was flabbergasted at the difference of what the machine said I was burning and what I was ACTUALLY burning! I always try to burn 500 calories when I go to the gym. So doing the half hour of cardio and thn doing strength training, I can really monitor where I am and if I go over or under that 500 mark for the day.

I also love it because I can make sure I'm not over doing it. I passed out at the gym like a year and a half ago. Talk about embarassing! Luckily my husband and my friend were there, but they were freaked out. Apparently I was out cold for at least 45 seconds. But it was at like 6:00 pm, when the gym is the busiest. And of course the paramedic that showed up was a guy I used to date. SO EMBARASSING! :blushing: ButI had really been overdoing it that night, and by the time my body didn't feel right, I was passing out. NOT GOOD!

And, just because I'm silly, having the HRM on at the gym makes me feel like a serious exerciser. I'm not as afraid to try some new machines or moves because its like I am saying, "Look, I'm obviously not so stupid person who paid all the money for this membership and then I'm not going to be here in a month. I'm serious, so don't look at me funny when I attempt this crazy/scary machine."
  • nikki_b335
    nikki_b335 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    uhhhhh what is a HRM?:huh: :huh: :huh:
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    I looked at your profile and it says you have only a few to lose. The last few are the most difficult. I don't have a HRM. I n=bought a cheap one at Wally World and I took it back the same day(you get waht you pay for:wink: ). I have decide to wait on the Polar one I want. The calories I log in might not be exact, but they are close enough I feel for me. You might want to try looking on Ebay for a less expensive one. Husbands are great for telling us what we don't need, yet going and buying baseball throwback thing(like mine did to further his major league baseball career with the Cardinals-yeah right!!!:laugh: :noway: )

Yeah, what's up with that! :laugh: My Hub goes fishing and golfing... and, of course, he always comes home with a new hat (cause he forgot to bring his) or a new rod or reels, etc. You get my point. That stuff may be cheaper but it adds up! Not to mention, a round of golf can be expensive too!

I think I will just let him know that I can't wait til my b-day... he's a sweet guy, maybe he will just be like "Go get one, babe!" I never know with him. :huh:
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    HRM = Heart Rate Monitor. You wear it and it tells you how meny calories you burn.

Don't you hate it when you start your work out then half way through you realise you haven't started the excersise on the watch? lol, or is that just me :tongue:

Al
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    uhhhhh what is a HRM?:huh: :huh: :huh:

Heart Rate Monitor... trust me, you will hear all about them on this site and will want one soon enough! haha! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    I have a HRM and I love having it. I was flabbergasted at the difference of what the machine said I was burning and what I was ACTUALLY burning! I always try to burn 500 calories when I go to the gym. So doing the half hour of cardio and thn doing strength training, I can really monitor where I am and if I go over or under that 500 mark for the day.

I also love it because I can make sure I'm not over doing it. I passed out at the gym like a year and a half ago. Talk about embarassing! Luckily my husband and my friend were there, but they were freaked out. Apparently I was out cold for at least 45 seconds. But it was at like 6:00 pm, when the gym is the busiest. And of course the paramedic that showed up was a guy I used to date. SO EMBARASSING! :blushing: ButI had really been overdoing it that night, and by the time my body didn't feel right, I was passing out. NOT GOOD!

And, just because I'm silly, having the HRM on at the gym makes me feel like a serious exerciser. I'm not as afraid to try some new machines or moves because its like I am saying, "Look, I'm obviously not so stupid person who paid all the money for this membership and then I'm not going to be here in a month. I'm serious, so don't look at me funny when I attempt this crazy/scary machine."

EXACTLY!! (everything you said)

Plus, like what was said before I am trying to get off these last 10-15 (which to me are the worst!) I can't seem to make much progress and honestly think that a HRM will help!

Maybe I will post later about ording one - I'm calling the Hubinator right now! Heehee!!! :wink:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Maybe I will post later about ording one - I'm calling the Hubinator right now! Heehee!!! :wink:

lol
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    ebay has several F6 right now. I bought one last night. Can't wait to get it! New running shoes and a HRM for mother's day!
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    Yeah, now the debate is... F6 or F11???

O' and I didn't ask the Hub... he was too busy. (That equates to "You don't need that!") Heehee! :happy:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Can you try and get one off ebay for less?
    Has anyone had a luck with a specific seller?
    I'm thinking about getting one, but my only work-out (for now) is walking on the treadmill and I usually enter less cals then my machine indicates that I've burned

Kim
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting one. Any suggestions from anyone on which one to get?