Estimating calories

Options
hmm not sure what to do, I ate out today and had a coronation chicken baguette - I have no idea how many calories this is but I am guesstimating 650 calories....Not sure if this is correct so no idea how many cals I have left for today...

Replies

• monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Exactly why I don't eat what I can't accurately log. Don't sweat it.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    it happens, best you can do is estimate and move on. once in a blue moon wont hurt just dont let it become a regular occurrence
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can look up the ingredients separately, add them together, and get a closer estimation that way.
  • kharmacat
    kharmacat Posts: 13
    Options
    Maybe you can look up the ingredients separately, add them together, and get a closer estimation that way.

This is a good idea, I do it often, and make a "recipe" out of it if it's something I think I'll eat more than a few times. Also, if it's a chain restaurant, many of the dishes are in the MFP database already, or if not, you can find the nutritional information on their website.
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    deconstructing it and then adding the ingredients seperatly works well if you can tell whats in it.
    I deconstructed some sushi once and it was like 500 calories more than "taki spicey salmon roll" was in the MFP database.