Cheat week to Break plateau

Options
I have been stuck at 149lbs for over a month. I've been eating the same way since I started dieting in feburary. I have 14lbs to go. My bday was April 1 and what I thought was a cheat day ended up being a cheat month since I had a lot if family bdays in April and there was a lot of dining out. I did not weigh myself during that time and about a week after going back to my healthy eating diet, I was the same weight I was before I fell off! Then I lost another 5lbs within a couple weeks and now I'm stuck at 149. It seems like changing up my diet caused me to lose weight faster and I'm thinking I should do it again to break this plateau

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You could always take the advice given in your last thread? Just a thought Good luck
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    How many calories were you eating prior to your plateau? And were you doing strength training? Both could contribute to a plateau- if your body needs changed, you might need more calories per day. And if your muscle mass increased, you could be getting smaller and losing fat without losing numbers on a scale.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    A cheat week will only help you if you've been eating too little frankly. I had a cheat week when I was away... Now a week later I'm still 2 pounds over my lowest weight. It's not a miracle solution at all.
  • tjsims8
    tjsims8 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Prior to plateau I was eating about 1000 cals and doing cardio 5 days a week 45 mins. I up my calories since then and cut my workouts down in fear that I was over doing it