Ketosis - Strange increase in acne suddenly.

Options
MikeCrazy
MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
So, I've been in ketosis or near ketosis for over 10 days. Yesterday and today I had a sudden bloom of acne over my whole body, and I don't know the cause. I wonder if my carb intake is too high, or maybe my whole body is detoxing and the normal yeast culture in my skin is having a hay day.

I've lost about 18lbs of fat (and prob water from said fat), and gained back about 1 lbs of muscle; two inches from my waist has melted. I'm using good oils like coconut, butter, ghee, olive oil, and milk fats. My sugars and carbs might be too high still idk.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? ...and does it go away, or do I need to change something?
My Diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/MikeCrazy

Replies

• thedarkwombat
    thedarkwombat Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you are in ketosis, I dont think your carbs or sugars are too high.
    Try going ZERO carbs for 48 hours and see if it improves.
    You also could be detoxing. This might be a good thing.
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that helps...I'm willing to bet on detox, and if it doesn't change I will try to go 0 carbs.
  • WarriorGoddessWillow
    Options
    I get this everytime I go low carb. My face just breaks out like crazy. It clears up pretty quickly though. I have a feeling it's a detox. I suppose how bad yours is could have something to do with how much detox your body is doing. Water and exercise are the best for speeding up detox. If you're getting "carb flu" too then water and more dietary fat, rather than exercise, would be my suggestion.