Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Carbs can be good and bad

Good Morning,
I decided after all the distractions to start a detox program for 1 week. I would like for it to go longer, but that's stretching it.
My goal is to feel healthy and in tune to what is causing my headaches and my knee problems. I enjoy vegetables and fruit, but feel I have allowed the carbs to attack my progress. This should be an interesting week!

Replies

• ellybeann
    ellybeann Posts: 122 Member
    Good Luck, If I consume to many carbs I can feel it. Be aware that when cutting carbs, a headache usually comes on for a few days.
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Really, Ellybean? And I thought my headaches were from this northeastern humidity...... hmmmm I never heard that before..... how long does it last?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Carbs are fine as long as you don't have Celiac disease and need to avoid gluten.

Detoxing is unnecessary as our kidney and livers are doing it all the time.

Set yourself up with a reasonable deficit and hit your macros how ever you like.
  • pastybuns
    pastybuns Posts: 81
    I agree with QuietBloom, though I may be biased. My daily diet is about 80% carbs and I like it that way as I feel and perform my best at that macro.

I kinda feel that carbs get a bad reputation because everyone instantly thinks bread, bagels, etc.

Don't fear the carbs, just keep them natural - fruits, vegetables, whole grains. And by whole grains, I mean literal and visible WHOLE GRAINS. Like rice and quinoa, not "whole grain" crackers and bread.

If you'd like another cheerleader on your journey's sideline, don't be shy :]
    And best wishes on your health endeavors!