Is it ok to give in to my fast food craving??

Options
13»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I'll add another yes to the chorus. If it fits into your calorie and nutrition goals, you're eating a varied diet to get your micro nutrients, and you won't have any ill effects from eating it, then I don't see a problem.

^^yep
  • shiningpotential
    Options
    Well, what you eat is totally up to you of course, but fast food is so bad for you in every way. I would suggest making yourself a burger at home with lean ground beef (there is a LOT of weird crap in fast food "beef"). You can satisfy that craving without eating scary stuff!
    If you eat the burger whilst wearing a tin foil hat it makes it a lot less scary.

This was my favorite advice out of the whole thread. HAHAHA!!!!
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's okay. I've lost 29 lbs since April and I go out to eat a lot. Olive Garden, Chilis, Five Guys, Chipotle, Starbucks, Wendy's.... That's why MFP is great, I can still eat what I want, just make sure it fits into my calorie count for the day. I wouldn't last very long if I just deprived myself of the things I wanted all the time. I just eat them in moderation.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Go for it. Every onceIi awhile I crave a Big Mac too.
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Most fast food chains have the calories available online somewhere so look it up before you go and put it in your diary so you can plan the rest of your day around it. I do this when I'm going to eat out somewhere and it makes things so much easier! It's much better to satisfy your cravings in a controlled way as you won't want to cave in and eat something on top of your goals.
  • laurahadenough
    laurahadenough Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Maccas?? Gross.. why would you ingest such poison??.. but in saying that.. agree with the calories of the day bla bla already sited..

ughhh maccas.. really?? do you even know what is in that??.. mhe.. your life I guess.. but ughhhhh :sick: :ohwell: :noway:
  • mladuke2
    mladuke2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have lost almost 40 pounds already eating McDonald 1 day and week, and Taco Bell 1 days a week. Portion control and watching what I am eating the rest of the day is key.
  • wesmas3
    wesmas3 Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree with "sometimes" working some fast food into your calories, etc for the day but what you have to really look at is "Is this a trigger food for me?" The advice I was given by my therapist is to sit with a craving for about 20 minutes and you will probably fid that you don't crave it like you originally did. It's not easy but try it as it might help. Another thing is that if you are in your car headed somewhere when your craving starts, try taking a different route than your first intended. i have had to do that several times when i was craving a Chik-fil-A milkshake. Just some "food" for thought. Have a good day! :grumble:
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH?!
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yep, I do.. but my stomach always hurts and TMI but I spend the evening in the restroom the whole night. :/