Committed Friends/Support System Needed!

Options
Hey y'all, I am in need of a few new COMMITTED friends. I recently went through and realized that more than half of my MFP friends have gone inactive, and so I am in need of a stronger support system.

Background:
I've been a "member" of this site since 2010, when I was using it to track my intake for medical reasons. I truly committed to this site in the summer of 2013, but ended up needing to go inactive due to life circumstances. Now I am back with a vengence! :D

Currently, I am 24 years old, about 5'11", and weigh 280lbs. I have never known what it's like not to be overweight, but this is by far my highest weight. I take full responsibility for being so obese: this is my responsibility and my choices led me to this point, no matter what life has or has not handed me. Despite being overweight, at one time I actually had a good level of fitness and strength, and at the least I would like to get back to it.

I am in a bit of an "inbetween" stage in my life: new job (same highly stressful field though), new house, new side of the state. Support from this online community would be appreciated now more than ever!

Thank you in advance :)

Replies

• shawnabary
    Options
    Hey! I just joined last week, but I will help however I can to get you to your goal :) Be strong!
  • MegsHutch90
    MegsHutch90 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • bramlesa
    bramlesa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to your list as well- I try to keep on top of it every week, if not every day.

I find keeping track help me challenge myself more often, especially when it comes to working out.
  • Mmmprotein
    Mmmprotein Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too. happy to motivate.. and be motivated :)
  • neeta16
    neeta16 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am looking for the exact same thing ,all of of my old mfp friends are missing....
    Will add u n others over here too Lets do this!
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Always looking for motivated friends. Feel free to add me. :0)
  • kerickson86
    kerickson86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to help, as I need to be motivated too! Working on the last 8ish pounds to lose and its been tough! I need to be stricter :) Feel free to add me and anyone else on here!
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have been pretty active since 2011! Need to lose about 25 more pounds!
  • itz_fiyah
    itz_fiyah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    you can sure add me if you like
  • Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I added you! :smile:
  • MonicaJumper
    Options
    I just joined last week, but you can add me! I'm sticking with this!
  • Castiel22
    Castiel22 Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm 22, 5'5" with 90lbs to drop. I'm on MFP everyday. I would be happy to help motivate and support you.
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just added you. Others can feel free too add me if they like. I'm on here daily.
  • GenZombie
    GenZombie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    <---Active daily and always on the look out for new friends! Add me if you'd like. :happy:
  • MegsHutch90
    MegsHutch90 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hello! Sending FR. Anyone who is commixed and is looking for MUTUAL support and encouragement can send me a FR! :flowerforyou:
  • SamLD88
    SamLD88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm down for more friends! I've been here about a month and plan to be here much longer than that :) I'm an ecologist based in Ohio.
  • jadeous
    jadeous Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, I am 24 years old 5'4" and 270lbs, got a long way to go and could use some motivated friends
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    RaspberryTickleChicken Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    awwww *virtual hug*

Please feel free to add me if you don't mind an old person in the mix! HAHAHA