Busting your butt to hit a goal?

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
So, I just saw that my current weight is 241. That puts me 2 pounds away from the lowest weight I've had since... middle school? Part of me is considering just going home and doing crazy cardio every night this week to plow into the 230's... is this bad... good... neutral?

I know I have to go about it a healthy way, but I'm so close and I must admit, I'm really freaking excited.

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    So, I just saw that my current weight is 241. That puts me 2 pounds away from the lowest weight I've had since... middle school? Part of me is considering just going home and doing crazy cardio every night this week to plow into the 230's... is this bad... good... neutral?

I know I have to go about it a healthy way, but I'm so close and I must admit, I'm really freaking excited.
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    :smile: First of all, GREAT JOB! and I don't think that the way you are thinking is a bad thing because I've lost 13 pounds so far and I'm really freaking excited about getting to my goal weight as well. I want to see that second number change because that means I've lost another 10 pounds! I think its a good thing!
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    I'm doing that right now. I'm at the lowest I've been since Gr.10 and really want to break through that number. I'll eat enough, but cut out the low cal treats until I feel I earned them. And working out harder feels good and challenges your body to something new.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat the calories you burn I think its good. Just dont overdo it, you dont want to risk an injury that will cause major setbacks right? I know how you feel, if I lose 2 lbs this week I make my first mini goal of 15 lbs by May 22! We can do it!
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Do "crazy cardio" might be a little much, but putting in some extra time for a week and eating just under your calorie could bust right through! You don't want to get so hungry, injured or burned out reaching your immediate goal that it messes up your long term health goals!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I'm 2 lbs away from being below 200 and I wanna get out there and run! lol of course my lungs are crap so I have to settle for walking..lol
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Just don't become an addict. I was doing crazy cardio & weights for a month - and didn't lose an ounce. I think doing it every once and a while is great for your body. Pushing yourself beyond what you thought possible is wonderful too. It's like interval training, only a bigger picture. BTW, I took it down for a week and lost a lb :happy: