Confessions of a Wannabe Crime-Fighter

RoadDog
RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
So, I get up early on Sunday as usaual. Make coffee, watch the news and wait for the sun to come up so I can go on a walk. I'm just about dressed and I hear my wife get up. Phone rings. I hear her pick up. I hear her on the phone and can tell something is wrong. I walk up stairs and see that she is writing something down and talking to someone that is obviously upset. It's our neighbor. She is in New York and just recieved a call that her house alarm is going off. She is in the process of selling and has a key in a lock box on the front door. My wife, Jan, is writing down the combination to the lock and getting the numbers for the alarm. Jan gets off the phone, fills me in and quickly dresses. Off we go.

Jan drives and when we get there, I tell her to stay in the car while I check out the outside of the house. I can hear the alarm, but no Police presence and no neighbors around. Jan gets out and unloks the door and waits while I go in and check closets, under the bed etc. When I give her the all-clear, she comes in and puts in the alarm code. Alarm does not stop. Jan calls the owner back, while I try to figure things out. Turns out it was the smoke alarm. No smoke or fire. Alarm is hard wired. Owner says to go ahead and disable the alarm. I'm no electrician, but I disable it.

Here's the confession. While Jan is turning off lights and talking to owner, I open the fridge, hoping to find treat. I'm dying for some Dark Chocolate.

All that was in the fridge was some soy milk and half a dozen eggs. DOOOHHHHHH!!

Replies

• ChristaS
    ChristaS Posts: 49 Member
    lol
  • I loved this post!! Such a great crime fighting adventure and then a hilarious ending of you going in their fridge! Too funny! You deserve a little piece of dark chocolate for that!
  • Truly funny.....I can picture you looking over your shoulder before opening the refrigerator door....and the look of disappointment on your face when all you saw were the meager spoils.

Ha!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    I don't keep my dark chocolate in the fridge :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wink:
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    You were cheated!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    :laugh: loved it...next time check the cupboard above the sink...that's where i keep mine
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Hahahaha thanks for the story. Made me chuckle imagining your face as you opened the fridge door! :laugh:
    Still, your neighbour should send you some chocolates for making such an effort to get to the place and check up on it!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    If you had admitted to stealing the dark chocolate, I would have turned this over to the proper authorities immediately. :laugh:
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    I have my own confession.....

.......that made me laugh out loud.....

....for real...... :)
  • RoadDog
    If you had admitted to stealing the dark chocolate, I would have turned this over to the proper authorities immediately. :laugh:

Already guilty of "Intent".
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member

Already guilty of "Intent".
    "Chocolate Home Invasion"
  • JuicyJBaby3
    JuicyJBaby3 Posts: 123 Member
    Cute!!
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Thanks for starting my day off with a chuckle!
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    You are so funny RD. I keep my dark chocolate much closer to me, however.

Did you look for DingDongs?? :happy:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Somewhere... there is a K-mart blue light special with ding dongs on that cart.......... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: That was so funny!
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    haahaa some folks will do anything if theres a chance of a choccie bar down the line :))
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    OMG, I would have so went in the fridge too! The crime was against you for the owner not having any chocolate!
    Some people! LOL
    Note to self, make sure to leave chocolate in fridge for potential thieves.
  • RoadDog
    OMG, I would have so went in the fridge too! The crime was against you for the owner not having any chocolate!
    Some people! LOL

DARK Chocolate.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Some people! LOL

DARK Chocolate.

Not all potential thieves, just certain cigar smoking bike riding ones.

I don't like dark chocolate so you can have all of mine.
This discussion has been closed.