Is it realistic to loss 2-3 inches off my waist in a month??

Options
I want to lose about 2-3 inches off my waist a month which i have to lose about 9-10 inches off my waist. I workout about 4-6 times a week and burn about 500-800 calories per workout. plus i ride my bike almost everyday. I eat about 1,500 calories a day but sometimes i eat less than that if i am really busy. I have lose 1 inch so far and it's only been 5 days.

Does this sound like i could reach my goal with this routine?

Replies

• Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Why not try it and tell us how you do?

If we told you that it wasn't realistic, what is your plan B?
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to lose 3" from it in a month?

Theirs absolutely no way anyone here could realistically tell you wither you'll achieve it. Where bodies lose fat from is entirely dependent on the individual.

Honestly, just get some shape wear and cut the stress, keep up the diet and exercise regime and you'll lose it wall with time.
  • unnamed101
    unnamed101 Posts: 14
    Options
    Yes it is, I lost about 15 pounds in June that was only about 2 inches for me.

but i burned 400-500 calories per workout (14 times per week) and only ate about 1000-1100 calories per day, but like others have said it depends on your initial size.

Drink water atleast 40 oz per 400-500 calorie workout (that's what I find to keep me in perfect hydration mode).
  • ForeverBlackBeauty
    Options
    There is no way that i am dehydrated because i drink more water than recommended for my body weight...
  • ForeverBlackBeauty
    Options
    Thank you, im afraid to drop below 1,200 calories because everyone says its not good. fitnesspal says for me to eat 1,400 but i have to force myself to eat that much because its not that easy to eat 1,500 calories of healthy foods
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The first month sure, but after that,.. it all depends. Some people don't drop inches until they drop a significant amount of weight and others will lose a bunch of inches before they drop any serious weight.

You may want to look into lifting. You can drop inches by getting toned. No you can't spot reduce,.. but things just look more tight when you put your muscles to work.
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I did by cutting out wheat & gluten from my diet. The stomach is the first thing to go.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to lose 3" from it in a month?

Theirs absolutely no way anyone here could realistically tell you wither you'll achieve it. Where bodies lose fat from is entirely dependent on the individual.

Honestly, just get some shape wear and cut the stress, keep up the diet and exercise regime and you'll lose it wall with time.

^This.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yeah impossible to give you a yes or no based on available info, and because all bodies are different. Slow and steady with sustainable long-term changes really is your best option though, if you want to keep it off.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    doubtful, but it really just depends on where you store fat. The belly area is the primary fat stores for the vast majority of people...thus it is first on, last off. You are more likely to lose you inches everywhere else first.

that said, some people lose from that area early, so it's pretty much impossible to say. How about you just don't worry about that and do your thing and see what happens?