What's the best Fit Bit?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    These are such great posts! I am posting so I can come back and read it later... Looking into getting a Fit Bit myself!
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit One! I debated between the One and the Flex for a longggg time, but recently I was given a One so ya can't beat free :flowerforyou:

I would have purchased the One anyway though, the Flex counts arm swings are steps. Plus knowing me, I wouldn't wear it everyday. I already have a Polar FT7 to wear on my wrist at the gym.

I can't really see how people can lose their One though, mine is attached my bra and I just unclip it, set it on my dresser and there it sits all night.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and love it. I've had it since May. I feel that it motivates me to reach 10,000 steps a day which ensures I'm more active than I normally would be. I pretty much wear it 24/7 and it's clipped on my panties so I don't feel it and never forget it.

I think the only con is it is a bit sensitive to stair steps. It records just stepping up on a curve or in my truck as a stair step. I don't feel that those steps are the equivalent to stairs.
  • CrunchM
    CrunchM Posts: 4
    Options
    I have the One and flove it.

It was recently part of a major, unaffiliated look at counters and was rated among the best.

The wrist ones interest me, but not yet. I want the Force, but have it be waterproof. I have no idea why waterproofing is so difficult for these things.
  • kimstapleton3
    kimstapleton3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the ONE. Had the Zip, got tired of replacing batteries. Got the Flex, hated it interfering with my jewelry. The one has a rechargable battery and can be cliped inside a pocket or bra. Love it!:happy:
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I investigated FitBit, and got a Garmin Vivo instead. The battery lasts a year without recharging. It gives the following: time, date, steps, goal, calories, miles and syncs with my p.c. I can also use a sleep function to track my sleep.

It really does look like a watch, with a slim, elegant band (mine is black..I"m not sure if it would be the same with the muticolored ones.) It ships with two bands...for an adult or a smaller adult/child.

Garmin is the favorite brand of all my triathlete friends, so I'm comfortable with the durability of the watch.
  • ChrisUK70
    ChrisUK70 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit One but kept losing it as it came of my belt often, so stopped wearing it. Then I got a flex and wear it all the time it syncs with MFP easily and stays charged for days.

Only thing with wrist worn devices is I am not sure how accurate they are?
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've had the Flex since July 2013. Love it and the wrist band is pretty solid. I love that it syncs to MFP.
  • lopez219
    lopez219 Posts: 6
    Options
    I like the fitbit one. I like that it counts flights of stairs, steps, and miles- measures sleep etc. I wanted to upgrad to the force when it was recalled. I think a bracelet form would be easier to remember and get everystep (espcially if waterproof), but from what is available currently I suggest the fitbit one.
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am just curious because I am looking into getting a Fitbit. With the Fitbit one, what do you clip it on to at night while you're sleeping?
    Do you just wear it like you would a pedometer and put it on your pajamas?

It comes with a wristband or you can clip to jammies....works both ways.
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have had a One since November. I do love it. I track steps, stairs and sleep.

It really makes you aware of how active you are and how much you are sleeping.

I feel much better when I am getting 10,000+ steps a day and around 7 hours of sleep.

I clip it to my bra every day...I have only forgotten it 2 or 3 times.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Seems like I'm the only one with the entry-level (aka budget) Fitbit Zip.
    I have a Zip too! It was actually my first choice because of the coin battery. I already have enough tech stuff to charge every day. Plus, I didn't want a wristband, and I don't care about the sleep tracker. Saving some money was fine too, of course.
    I've been wearing it for four months and I find it 1) very motivating 2) deadly accurate at calculating my TDEE.
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump.