perimenopause and weight loss

Options
Hi

Im in my 4th week of slimming world and all was going really well...

week 1 4lb
week 2 3lb
week 3 4lb

Week 4 big fat zero.. Ive done nothing different but my body does not want to shift. I've been on plan all week its not like I don't have it to lose at 14.13..

But I am perimenopausal I only have a period once every 6 months. my question is does my body go though a monthly cycle even though my period doesn't show up?

Thanks

Replies

• tawnywest
    tawnywest Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So funny you asking this because I am post-menopausal and over the last 3 months I've noticed that once a month that my weight suddenly goes up and I lose control of my eating a bit (I crave sugar and salty foods more). After a few days I go back to normal. I have tried to research this on the internet but have found nothing. So from my experience there is something akin to PMS going on but god only knows what.
  • richo59
    richo59 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When you find out, let me know please. I have been wondering the same thing.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    It's also just normal for people to have weeks where they don't lose due to amount of sleep, stress, body reaction to hormones, etc. There are a lot of reasons why one might not lose in a week, but it's okay...remember, it's not a race, it's a journey! Also, don't freak out when your weight loss slows down - the beginning tends to be faster and is more due to water loss than actual fat loss...a 1-2 lb loss is quite normal for most people (I'm at .5 or less loss as I'm close to my goal).