Scale

Options
Every since I joined the gym my weight has remain the same. I feel smaller then before but it does not show on the scale. Now I feel like I am not doing enough. I am always eating at least 200 calories under my calorie goal which is 1200. Is there something I am not doing? I go to the gym 4 times a week.
Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me. :-)

Replies

• Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    if you feel smaller, that may be a better indicator than the scale. all scales lie to you, eventually :) . try a different cardo or add strength training if you have not.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    up your calories, hit your calorie goal. And dont measure success by the scale, measure it with tape, the mirror,your clothing and how you feel. And remember to drink lots of water! :)
  • sheenabe
    sheenabe Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. At only 1000 calories consumed a day I am assuming your body is going into starvation mode. Are you adding in your exercise calories? The more you work out the more fuel your body needs to run properly. Just be sure to make them good clean calories and I am sure after a week of feeding your body properly the weight will start to come off once your body isn't afraid of not receiving proper nourishment.
  • K33pingFaith
    Options
    i was scared to eat all those calories but i am going to start to eat my target goal and see what happens in 2 weeks. And i am going to try to stay away from the scale it just makes me feel depressed. Thank you all for your support and input.
  • ironmanrunner
    Options
    Don't let the numbers on the scale worry you. If you working hard at the gym you are probably starting to put on muscle and still burning fat. Muscle weighs more than fat does, so don't get wrapped up in the just the numbers. If you feel good then keep doing what you are doing, try to reach your goal in calories each day. You body needs energy to work, just work towards you caloric goal and you should see amazing results. Keep up the good work.