HRM Issues!!

Options
My HRM keeps tweaking out..it doesn't start right away when I hit start..it doesn't find my heart rate for like 5 minutes..which messes up how many cals I've "burned" . It doesn't do it every time but it's frustrating. Anyone else have this problem? Have any suggestions? I have a Polar F6.

Replies

• jrenaldo
    jrenaldo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Polar model but my HRM was doing some of the same things. I replaced the battery and the problems were solved. Don't know if it would help you or not, but just thought I would share!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    mine lied to me this morning too. i was thinking maybe i need to change the battery. i don't have a polar.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Yes ... If you are only using spit on your chest band, get conductor gel from amazon.com ... It's the same sort of stuff they use for Ultra Sounds. I have the F6 and it would 00 out on me when I did certain moves and since I have gotten the gel it's happened less frequently (like hardly at all).
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    Yes ... If you are only using spit on your chest band, get conductor gel from amazon.com ... It's the same sort of stuff they use for Ultra Sounds. I have the F6 and it would 00 out on me when I did certain moves and since I have gotten the gel it's happened less frequently (like hardly at all).

I'm supposed to spit on it first?? Ohhh! I didn't know that!! What does that do?
  • Utahbeth
    Options
    The moisture makes the pads stick to you better. I have the f6 also, but it only does that if my watch is too far away, or I'm in a funny position.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options

I'm supposed to spit on it first?? Ohhh! I didn't know that!! What does that do?

It helps the signal from your heart to conduct to the transmitter. If it loses connection it won't read out right :) Spit doesn't do it.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options

Correct. I also noticed cleaning the metal terminals on the sensor help as well as changin the battery. Mine was pissing me off royally so I did those things and still jacked up so now I tighten it to the point that I can feel a good amount of pressure from it when strapped on. I also always soak the strap in water without the sensor on it before I put it on.

It helps the signal from your heart to conduct to the transmitter. If it loses connection it won't read out right :) Spit doesn't do it.