GYM CHILLERS

Options
There is nothing I can't stand more than someone who comes to the gym to just stand around and talk, taking up machines and waitng 15 minutes in between sets...

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    There is nothing I can't stand more than someone who comes to the gym and can't just mind their own business.
  • Youngcris
    Youngcris Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    No I agree. My gym is very busy and you can watch people sit on a machine look at their phone and get up after a while and move to the next one.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    There is nothing I can't stand more than someone who comes to the gym to just stand around and talk, taking up machines and waitng 15 minutes in between sets...

Totally agree. I workout at home now but at the gym I used to go to this guy would rock up in a beanie hat and full fleece sweatsuit like some wannabe rap star every day and stand around talking to anyone he could ensnare. He clearly thought he looked amazing in his beanie hat too.

As you can imagine, there was no way he intended to workout in a beanie hat, so what was the point? Gimp.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    its a little annoying yea, but if someone is just sitting on a machine you need then just ask to work in. id rather see this than the idiots who take up the power cage for 30 mins curling 50 lbs for 10 sets of 20.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I think what you are trying to say is you cannot stand having to wait for anything. I feel the same way, if the equipment I want is not available when I want it, that makes me very frustrated.

then ask for it.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    deja vu
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried asking them how many sets they have left or to work in? *gasp* You might be surprised at how well that works.

Keep in mind you don't know anyone's situation. When I first had knee surgery and was trying to get back in the gym, I had to rest forever between sets. I'd play on my phone in between. If someone asked to work in, of course I'd let them.
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Then be a big boy and use the free weights instead of the machines
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    What bothers me more is when people don't wipe down the equipment after using it :sick:
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Agreed. The other day there was a young woman on a leg press machine who was checking her phone and sat there for at least 10 minutes. I wish there was a no phone policy, but I guess too many people use them to listen to music so it wouldn't be practical to enforce.
  • nsaglian
    nsaglian Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't call them CHILLERS, just call them !*#$@*&^!
  • JTick
    Options
    Agreed. The other day there was a young woman on a leg press machine who was checking her phone and sat there for at least 10 minutes. I wish there was a no phone policy, but I guess too many people use them to listen to music so it wouldn't be practical to enforce.

You talking about me? Because when I'm pressing almost 500 pounds, I need to rest in between. Sue me if I'm using my phone whilst I do so.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    What bothers me more is when people don't wipe down the equipment after using it :sick:

but... you don't need to wipe down barbells????
  • magic8ballkr
    Options
    I was waiting to get on a machine yesterday but couldn't because of an elderly gentleman who decided to take a 20 minute breather before the epic task of walking to the changing room (to sit on the benches in there, I can only assume).

And to make it worse? He had his ankle resting on his knee, his shorts tucked up and the family jewels on public display.

*Shudders*
  • JTick
    Options
    I was waiting to get on a machine yesterday but couldn't because of an elderly gentleman who decided to take a 20 minute breather before the epic task of walking to the changing room (to sit on the benches in there, I can only assume).

And to make it worse? He had his ankle resting on his knee, his shorts tucked up and the family jewels on public display.

*Shudders*

"Excuse me, sir. I was just wondering if you are almost finished with this machine, it's next in my rotation."

Really, it's not that scary people.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have a lot of issues with other people's behavior, in the gym or out of it. Whatevs.

The only issue I have is with the squat rack. Not a power rack, the squat rack. The rack that is 100% designed to hold the bar for squats with the failure rails. I know a lot of people adopted using it to do heavy shrugs and rows, which is okay, but what do you have to walk away from the rack for 10 minutes and go do something else?

I can't work in with a guy who's using the squat rack to do rows @ 135. I'm looking to squat, with varying progressive weights. I find it annoying when people leave their weights there when I need to use the equipment for it's intended purpose, but whatev. I usually just do something else first.