Replies

• Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Who do they hate? Sweet potatoes?
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Potatoes rock! How else am I going to get my butter and sour cream ration for the day? On a banana? I think not!
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    It's not that they are unnutritional it's because of the carb content. If someone is wanting to lower their carb intake they are not the best thing to be eating.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'll take a potato over a banana any day.
  • WonkaCat
    WonkaCat Posts: 42
    Options
    I love potatoes of all kinds. White, sweet, purple, red - they are all good. Everything in moderation.
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I think the potato got a bad image when it starting hanging around with all those Fryers.
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    well to be fair, i have insulin resistance and my endo and nutritionist told me to stay away from white potatoes AND bananas so i do :D (well i will have no more than half a small banana on a given day ) I dont get the boost from eating a potato, or white pastas or breads. I seriously get so tired i want to fall asleep soon after. doesnt happen with whole grains or sweet potato ( But i will absolutely indulge ever now n then with french fries or mash as they are my favorite foods in the world lol, Just not often and never during the day cause they really do make me sleepy, there is no energy boost followed by the low, just the low and hard, i call it a carb coma :P )
  • WitchesGuildMaster
    Options
    Eh. I honestly don't care what I eat overall and much less about potatoes and bananas. I've eaten worse things. Like a can of spaghetti for lunch (Oh the sugar! The sodium! The HORROR) or a box of chocolate truffles for dinner. (What?! THE UNSPEAKABLE DISASTERS!) :laugh:
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I eat both. :smile: If it fits into my calorie goal, I eat it. Both are great sources of potassium and are just good in general.