Dang...Got Me AGAIN

Options
EVerytime I go to costco it seems like some food item catches my attention. This time I found CD shrimp wonton soup bowls. Only 115 calories per bowl of soup, and practically no fat. Sounds great right? Six bowls for $8. Bargain, yes?

Well.....I got home, fixed on of those bad boys up for a starter on my lunch, and noticed it has 1400+ mg of sodium in that tiny bowl of soup!
AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHHH I'm gonna eat the shrimp wontons and toss out the briny broth...sigh....

Replies

• BughaBear
    Options
    That sucks I catch myself lookin at the sodium I was at walmart yesterday gettin snacks and thats what I kept lookin at
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You can have them now and again.... but yes like BughaBear... i always check the sodium... lol.. its my killer...
  • Sherelly
    Options
    Wow, those sound like a great idea for my afternoon snack. Toss in some veges...Yum. Thanks for the idea.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    booooooooooooooooooo. to. that. sodium. devil. bowl. :brokenheart:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    the shrimp wontons were tasty. I poured the salt brine down the sink. Oh well...probably wont buy it again...
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    These days I look at sodium FIRST everything else second. I figure calories, fat carbs ect. I can always make room for with exercise. Sodium is the one thing we can not increase... so too much sodium in it I just don't buy it. :grumble:
    BUT I have been caught off gaurd a few times and slipped up didn't look ATE IT and then :sad: later. hmmm does :sad: help release sodium through the tears!?! lol:tongue:
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Sodium....GRRRRRRRRRRRR...I've started looking at that more often then I look at calories! Shopping trips used to be twice as long as I got to know my calories....and then I had to start all over and get to learn my sodium contents. I'm getting there...slowly but surely...At least I'm getting better: Pick up box, turn over, Calories, Sodium. Haha! :o)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    speaking of sodium...I just read that a pan fried noodle combo at PF Changs has over 7000 mg of sodium in it. It is the worst (for sodium) restaurant dish in america. :sick: :sick: :sick:

The worst part about learning this?
    My husband has ordered it on more than one occasion. I will NEVER let that happen again. I love him way too much to allow him to order a heart attack on a plate.

(makes my shrimp soup look healthy by comparison)