Banish fat boost metabolism -

Options
Is this a good next step to 30ds, i'm looking for my next dvd after doing the shred and would like some advice. Is it a daily program or is it every other day? Is it any good or is there something better out there?

Replies

• briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    it is pretty much all cardio - pretty intense - no weights involved, not much in the way of resistance training... it's a lot harder than 30DS in my opinion. No More Trouble Zones is more like 30DS (to me), except she drops out the cardio from it...
  • vachegomoo
    Options
    I would suggest rotating between BFBM and No More Trouble Zones. Both are really good workouts by themselves, but I like using both since they focus on just strength or just cardio. You may want to throw in a day just for yoga or pilates or something like that too, since the 5 minute cool down is nowhere near enough time to stretch your muscles out after all of the work you just did.

Also, if you want some sort of program, you could look up the 30 Day Slimdown. It uses 30DS, NMTZ, and BFBM.
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It is a great video. It is all cardio and has a few ab moves in it. I would alternate it with No More Trouble Zones since it is weight based. If you combined the two I'm sure you would get great results!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I would suggest rotating between BFBM and No More Trouble Zones. Both are really good workouts by themselves, but I like using both since they focus on just strength or just cardio. You may want to throw in a day just for yoga or pilates or something like that too, since the 5 minute cool down is nowhere near enough time to stretch your muscles out after all of the work you just did.

Also, if you want some sort of program, you could look up the 30 Day Slimdown. It uses 30DS, NMTZ, and BFBM.

Agreed. You do get kind of sick of her after a while, though. I am a superJillianfan but today, I just got on my exercise bike because I couldn't bring myself to do it. There's a lot of jumping in BFBM, but you will burn massive amounts of calories. NMTZ is great for strength. I am still trying to find a way to put the two together, alternating circuits. Just not sure how long I could do it before I wanted to scream at her to shut it. Personal issues, I'm sure. :)
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input, I think i'll look for the slim down dvd as i'm not keen on the strength work so would just avoid it and do the cardio!
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You can do strength. All you need is 3 lb weights and the dvd. Try it but, I know you can do it. I am starting my BFBM with the NMTZ in January 2011. Im still on the 30 day shread on level 2 and will do level 3 for the month of December.
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i went and bought this DVD yesterday and worked it in full. holy moly what a workout!!!! i'm sore today but i was expecting worse, lol. i did enjoy it though and was proud i made it through the whole thing without giving up or dying. :tongue: