Workout Ideas

Options
I'm in major need of some fresh routines, moves, etc for my workouts. I'm open to any and all suggestions as long as they're not killer on the joints. Hit me with it!

Replies

• catgee
    catgee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the Tae Bo dvds I have been doing. The first one is about 24 minutes, and I think I may move onto the second workout on Thursday. Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred is really good, it is exactly 20 minutes, but it's a killer workout for me! I also have her Wii game which is a fun way to get a great workout.

I have also chopped my goals into 20 pound increments, much more manageable! Good luck with your search!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I should clarify, I'm looking for GYM ideas!
  • catgee
    catgee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry! Can't help you much there!
  • sixone
    sixone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jumping Rope is a good one
    also pylo metrics are good as well
    I will look over some of my plans and send them to you. when I'm consistant and not lazy they work.

Spinning is great too.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Here are some that I do.....

• 15min elliptical intervals , push this to the limits, (hr-165bpm-178bpm)
    • 15min treadmill, get to 3.0%incline, last 3 min drop to 0 incline, (hr-123bpm-135bmp)
    • coast the last 2min
    • post stretch

• stretching for 5-6min(and remember slow and controlled)
    • ball squats w/5lb added dumbbells, 30sec hold-5 -2sec reps
    • leg raises/10 reps(this is on the back lying down hands under the butt back nice and flat) make sure to again go slow it will burn more....
    • elliptical 7min/go hard or go home/int training....you know up, down w/hr/max 180bpm
    • shoulder press/use machine figure out a good weight...not too much you will be doing 15reps
    • back to the beginning/ball squats...etc, etc,, repeat......1-4

• As always 5 min of stretching
    • 5 min warm up on elliptical
    • 15 min int training/treadmill, alternating incline to flat, slow walk to fast walk to jog, back to walk....concentrate on increasing and decreasing hr
    • lat pull downs/60lbs-10reps
    • seated row/70lbs-10reps
    • bi-cep curls/40lbs-10reps
    • repeat last three exercises one more time, remember on the reps slow and controlled
    • total wrk out =30min

• 5 min warm up/treadmill
    • Ball squats/body weight 30 sec hold + 5- 2 second reps
    • Wide grip seated row /15 reps-60lbs
    • Modified pushups/15 reps, use mats cross legs at the top
    • Triceps’ extensions, v-bar shoulder width stance, back against the pad/15 reps-40lbs
    • And last but not least….modified suitcase crunches 15 reps….this is to be done using the cross over machines, 200lb anchor weight, hips off the mat on every rep, slow decent-15reps
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    legs/upperbody
    1) ball/wall squats- body weight only-30 sec hold then 5 slow squat reps at 2 sec int, 1sec up, 1 sec dwn pause for 1 sec at the bottom position
    2) modified push ups on knees(i would bring a pillow for your knees unless they have mats in the gym) 15 reps at 2 sec intervals, ex:1sec down 1 sec up.pause for 1 sec at the bottom of each rep
    3) bicep curls 10 lbs-do 2 reps then hold at 90degrees for 30 seconds after 30sec hold do 3 reps at 2 sec int, 1 dwn, 1 up, 1 sec pause at the bottom
    4) crunches hee hee, do them however you want as long as you only do 15reps at a slow pace to feel the burn baby!
    5) Break for 1-2 min water, stretch, etc...
    6) repeat 1-4
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    This one is my fave:

(Circuit Workout)
    • WARM-UP: Elliptical 11 min at 3
    • 10 Med Ball Sit-ups
    • Kettle Bell (15lbs) Swings -15
    • Modified Push-ups- 15
    • Bosu Ball Plank- 30sec hold
    • Seated Rows- 75lbs 15 Reps
    • CARDIO: Treadmill Intervals (Walk/Run) 9min
    • 10 Med Ball Sit-ups
    • Kettle Bell (15lbs) Swings -15
    • Modified Push-ups- 10
    • Bosu Ball Plank- 30sec hold
    • Seated Rows- 75lbs 15 Reps
    • STRETCH
  • sixone
    sixone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hope this will help you.

Three days a week do cardio. Spinning, Walking, Rowing, Jump Rope, Elliptical about 30 minutes each.

I really like body weight exercises
    You can do in circuits or sets
    Plank
    Lunge
    Squats
    Chair Dips
    Push Ups

After three weeks add plyo-metric
    Plank = Squat Thrust
    Lunge = Split Lunge
    Squats = Jump Squats
    Push Ups = Mountain Climbers
    Sit Ups
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas guys!! I also just discovered kettlebell swings! However, I have a tendancy to get a really knotted lower back so I'm going to have to be careful with this one.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I love to do a mini triathalon.
    20 on the tread running intervals (until my hip gets better it's the elliptical)
    Stretch
    Lift (upper or lower body)
    20 minutes on Either bike or the stairs
    Core
    20 minutes of swimming (freestyle as hard as I can for 20 minutes without stopping)

It's a long work out but the effects and calorie burn are TOTALLY worth it. :bigsmile: