Binged and lost weight - coincidence or reason?

Options
2»

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like its well within the normal range of fluctuation.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    sorry, double post
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Oh come one. That was a binge? Really?

Last weekend I had about 10 slices of pizza... or was that 14? The next night at work I had a babka, 2 large chocolate cookies, whipped cream, 4 mini protein bars and a 220 g bar of cadbury peppermint chocolate. Lately I have eating 1500-2000 calories per day, sometimes less. And I...lost...a...kilo.

Would put it down to underestimating some of my meals and not eating all my exercise calories, but beyond that I don't give a damn. You lost weight, so don't worry how or why it happened

Can I have your metabolism please thanks that's all.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    This happens to me pretty regularly... I eat lower calories to lose weight for awhile, then I have a higher calorie day and am at a loss the next day. I have a scale that measures body water percent, so it is not water weight. Here's what happens next: Over the next few days, I gain. I don't know why it is, but for some reason, there seems to be a delayed response.

Are you a type 1 diabetic (this is the type that makes no insulin and will die after a few days without insulin)? If you are, then you probably know that you may have been able to lose that weight with high glucose levels, especially if you were producing ketones. Type 1's who do that intentionally (those who have diabulimia) have long-term health problems as a result, and sometimes short-term health problems (including death). So... if you are a type 1 diabetic, you can eat basically as much as you want and not take insulin for it in order to lose weight. But then you run the risk of dying or having other serious complications, which is not worth it.
  • justjuice1992
    justjuice1992 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Did you drink alcohol? Alcohol dehydrates the body so you would have lost a lot of water weight.
  • AnswerzPwease
    AnswerzPwease Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i didnt read it
    but you can eat what you want and just exercise it off

Maybe you should have read the post then. Because your answer makes no sense.
  • AnswerzPwease
    Options
    Did you drink alcohol? Alcohol dehydrates the body so you would have lost a lot of water weight.

Nope.
  • AnswerzPwease
    Options
    This happens to me pretty regularly... I eat lower calories to lose weight for awhile, then I have a higher calorie day and am at a loss the next day. I have a scale that measures body water percent, so it is not water weight. Here's what happens next: Over the next few days, I gain. I don't know why it is, but for some reason, there seems to be a delayed response.

Are you a type 1 diabetic (this is the type that makes no insulin and will die after a few days without insulin)? If you are, then you probably know that you may have been able to lose that weight with high glucose levels, especially if you were producing ketones. Type 1's who do that intentionally (those who have diabulimia) have long-term health problems as a result, and sometimes short-term health problems (including death). So... if you are a type 1 diabetic, you can eat basically as much as you want and not take insulin for it in order to lose weight. But then you run the risk of dying or having other serious complications, which is not worth it.

Nope, not diabetic.

I hope it doesnt come back in the next few days! lol