Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

CLA and Garcinia Cambogia

Wondered folks' thoughts on CLA and Garcinia Cambogia - I started using them together this week and started really watching my ftness pal numbers and have lost 4 lbs. Has anyone had similar success? 4 down 57 to go.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Wondered folks' thoughts on CLA and Garcinia Cambogia - I started using them together this week and started really watching my ftness pal numbers and have lost 4 lbs. Has anyone had similar success? 4 down 57 to go.
    the bolded is why youre seeing the weightloss. whatever CLA and garcina cambogia do (if they do anything, most people say they dont) is negligible compared to keeping a proper diet
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    the bolded is why youre seeing the weightloss. whatever CLA and garcina cambogia do (if they do anything, most people say they dont) is negligible compared to keeping a proper diet

What he said. Don't waste your money on pills/supplements that claim to help you lose weight. They do nothing for you except drain your wallet. If you need an energy boost, drink something with caffeine. You'll have the same affect as many "diet"pills, and it will be much cheaper.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    You have loss weight because you are focused on your MFP numbers. It doesn't have anything to do with GC.
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Any Product that has to resort to ads that say "Eat this one thing...." or fraudulently use images of Celebrities to endorse their products is definitely another diet fad and will have no results, and will only have results due to Placebo affects where the individual is taking extra steps to get results.

Save your money!
  • janetkennedymerritt
    janetkennedymerritt Posts: 12 Member
    Thanks to all.
  • mvalle86
    mvalle86 Posts: 1 Member
    To be honest it does help with suppressing appetite. I'm not exactly over weight, but I have some belly fat I would like to get rid of. When I took the supplements I didn't do much dieting that was different than what I already do and lost about 6 lbs over the course of a bottle (about 2 months since I didn't take them religiously). It gave me energy to run much more often too. If it works and motivated you then you should continue to take it.

Any supplement should not overshadow the fact that your diet has the largest impact. But having a motivating supplement will just be all that more beneficial.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,888 Member
    To be honest it does help with suppressing appetite. I'm not exactly over weight, but I have some belly fat I would like to get rid of. When I took the supplements I didn't do much dieting that was different than what I already do and lost about 6 lbs over the course of a bottle (about 2 months since I didn't take them religiously). It gave me energy to run much more often too. If it works and motivated you then you should continue to take it.

Any supplement should not overshadow the fact that your diet has the largest impact. But having a motivating supplement will just be all that more beneficial.
    So when one stops taking it, will it stop the motivation? Apparently so since 90% of all diet supplement users regain their weight. Why? Because a supplement doesn't TEACH YOU how to eat correctly.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • vincelaccro
    vincelaccro Posts: 22 Member
    I took CLA and vegegreens together this summer and lost much weight (30 pounds)
    my philosophy with supplements is that they do the work for you, you have
    to exercise, eat properly and then it will help you.
    don't expect it to do all the work
    CLA help with lean muscle mass
    so even at eating at a deficit, I still gained muscle to the legs (mainly because all i was doing was road biking)

as for garcina cambogia, read nasty side effects wich are not worth it and is only a apetite supressant.
    eat a quest bar is you feel hungry, fiber slow down digestion and a quest bar has 19g of fiber :D
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,888 Member
    I took CLA and vegegreens together this summer and lost much weight (30 pounds)
    my philosophy with supplements is that they do the work for you, you have
    to exercise, eat properly and then it will help you.
    don't expect it to do all the work
    CLA help with lean muscle mass
    so even at eating at a deficit, I still gained muscle to the legs (mainly because all i was doing was road biking)

as for garcina cambogia, read nasty side effects wich are not worth it and is only a apetite supressant.
    eat a quest bar is you feel hungry, fiber slow down digestion and a quest bar has 19g of fiber :D
    Lean muscle mass is kept by activating lean muscle and eating enough protein. CLA is a fatty acid so it doesn't build muscle.
    As for gaining muscle on deficit, though not impossible, it's improbable. Being stronger and seeing more definition does equate to lean muscle gain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition