13»

Replies

• vquibell2013
    Options
    keep up the good work!!!!
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this turned into a "calorie counting doesn't work, guys" thread or just people arguing semantics.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this turned into a "calorie counting doesn't work, guys" thread or just people arguing semantics.

nah...at least what I got from the discussion was that 3500/cal=1# fat is a starting point.
    Variables abound but still a reasonable starting point.

That I shouldn't feel like a total failure because I *AM* doing it right & have been all along. The weight loss I've already seen has proven that. However, one liners like

*calories in vs calories out
    *3500 cal=1# fat
    *you're doing it wrong, you must be eating more than you say you are
    *you're doing it wrong, you're not eating enough
    *you're doing it wrong cause...science.
    *weight loss is not linear

Are not hard & fast rules that apply to everyone across the board, though it's a good STARTING place.

That truthfully, give or take a hundred cal or so (respectively), give or take a marco or so, one can only put so much of a fine point on things.

I'm paraphrasing of course & applying what I've read in this thread to my own personal experience.
    Your miles WILL vary...or not :laugh:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I guess the thing that got me was that I'd never heard of anyone refuting the 3500 cal rule and the article just stunned me. To hear that it's just a starting place with plenty of wiggle room +/- helps a great deal.

That's great! What is so valuable about that is instead of feeling clueless about why you might not have seen the results you expect you can now do something about it. It just means adjust and keep going.

^ THIS...this sums it up completely!