calorie limit for a 445 lb man for weight loss

Options
124»

Replies

• jardane1
    jardane1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If i don't see a result in a few weeks i might just lower it again.

If you don't see a result in a few weeks at 2500 you're not logging accurately.

I log everything i eat and keep as close to serving size as humanly possible. I will not be replacing calories burned from just my normal everyday activity but i will be eating back half of what i burn in extra exercise.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    If i don't see a result in a few weeks i might just lower it again.

If you don't see a result in a few weeks at 2500 you're not logging accurately.

I log everything i eat and keep as close to serving size as humanly possible. I will not be replacing calories burned from just my normal everyday activity but i will be eating back half of what i burn in extra exercise.

Just sayin man, I lose weight eating 2350 a day and i weigh 185 lbs
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have been tracking my calorie intake reliably for a couple of months and it's second nature at this point. I feel like i do need to know what i should be aiming for when it comes to calorie intake and this lack of knowledge is holding me back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY)

Please check out this link! I was so shocked to see there is a huge difference in measuring and weighing!~
  • jardane1
    Options
    I have been tracking my calorie intake reliably for a couple of months and it's second nature at this point. I feel like i do need to know what i should be aiming for when it comes to calorie intake and this lack of knowledge is holding me back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY)

Please check out this link! I was so shocked to see there is a huge difference in measuring and weighing!~

Under estimating is a big thing me and my fiance were at panera bread and i saw this orange scone that looked yummy and in my mind i thought "that should be around 200 calories" turns out it was 500 i was shocked.

I try my best to if anything under measure to make sure i am getting the right serving size. When measuring dry ingredients i slide my finger over the measuring cup to knock off anything extra to make sure it's exactly a cup.

this is great i information but it's not anything i did not already know/do.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    When measuring dry ingredients i slide my finger over the measuring cup to knock off anything extra to make sure it's exactly a cup.

You should weigh foods. You have no way to know if that "cup" is accurate without weighing it on a, preferably digital, scale.
  • jardane1
    Options
    When measuring dry ingredients i slide my finger over the measuring cup to knock off anything extra to make sure it's exactly a cup.

You should weigh foods. You have no way to know if that "cup" is accurate without weighing it on a, preferably digital, scale.

I am getting one today.
  • PapaChanoli
    PapaChanoli Posts: 178 Member
    Options

I am getting one today.

I'm gonna' bow out of this discussion, but it's encouraging to see other people with similar issues tackling weight loss head on in a healthy way.

I hope I get to congratulate you when you succeed. If not, take it now.

Congratulations.