Hunger at night

Options
Hey all

I am constantly hungry at night and wake up every couple of hours being sooo hungry it wakes me up. No amount of water is curbing this hunger. I have tried variations to evening meals in terms of roughage/carbs/protein etc but to no avail. I am drinking loads of water. Another problem with drinking water at night is that needing the loo then keeps me up as well as the hunger!

I am defo eating enough calories and my diet is clean - no crisps, soda's, chocolate etc. I do allow myself wine once a week and strangely enough that will be the one night of the week I DON'T suffer the hunger.

Any suggestions? Does anyone else have this issue and how do you combat it? I don't suffer hunger in the day as I eat the calories I need

My diet is almost paleo but I do allow some carbs like brown rice. I don't touch wheat. Loads of lean meats and greens

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Do you log your food? Open up your diary to get better advice.
  • justjuice1992
    justjuice1992 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Eat less during the day so you can binge a bit at night while still staying under your calorie goal.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I am a snacker and used to be hungry at night too. Instead of eating three meals a day I just tend to snack and graze all day leaving a few calories in my budget for the night time munchies. This has worked for me.
  • Ukstorme
    Ukstorme Posts: 4
    Options
    I am a snacker and used to be hungry at night too. Instead of eating three meals a day I just tend to snack and graze all day leaving a few calories in my budget for the night time munchies. This has worked for me.

Hi

So do you actually get up and munch in the middle of the night then?