Victorious Victoria Day Challenge. . .May 13

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
I'm the first one up today??? I'm up really late too.

Less than a week left. Only 4 days left for me before I drive, drive, drive to the beach. I read yesterday that walking on the beach burns twice as many calories as walking on a hard, even surface. It must be a sign.

Yesterday I did the first segment of the Smart Trainers weights dvd. It was better than some, worse than the BL. The fact that they advertised a sugary sport drink really ticked me off. Any time I pay for something and there is an ad, the product loses some credibility. There are 4 more segments to try though, so the verdict is still out. I may have hurt both my left elbow (re-injury from about 8 years ago, roller skating incident) and pulled my upper quad. So I'm taking it easy on the tricep work. Also went to yoga and walked.

Good news is my yoga teacher is going to be gone pretty much the month of June, so I'll be getting a lot of yoga in - maybe it will help those injuries. As a side note to those in the know, my teacher was invited to practice with the Iyengar next year. I'm so proud and excited about what she'll bring back, have to wait a year though.

Replies

• yoginimary
    Options
    I'm the first one up today??? I'm up really late too.

Less than a week left. Only 4 days left for me before I drive, drive, drive to the beach. I read yesterday that walking on the beach burns twice as many calories as walking on a hard, even surface. It must be a sign.

Yesterday I did the first segment of the Smart Trainers weights dvd. It was better than some, worse than the BL. The fact that they advertised a sugary sport drink really ticked me off. Any time I pay for something and there is an ad, the product loses some credibility. There are 4 more segments to try though, so the verdict is still out. I may have hurt both my left elbow (re-injury from about 8 years ago, roller skating incident) and pulled my upper quad. So I'm taking it easy on the tricep work. Also went to yoga and walked.

Good news is my yoga teacher is going to be gone pretty much the month of June, so I'll be getting a lot of yoga in - maybe it will help those injuries. As a side note to those in the know, my teacher was invited to practice with the Iyengar next year. I'm so proud and excited about what she'll bring back, have to wait a year though.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Morning all. I've been up-in one of those moods:huh: so after I did HHA TBB I cleaned out my son's toy room. I bagged up 7 black garbage bags of toys and the room still looks crowded. Grabbed another hour of exercise just doing that but it's done and I'm glad. :drinker:

I ordered Jillian's Shred in 30-read alot of reviews & it appears it's very popular and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Sorry about your injuries Mary. I broke my arm roller skating when I was 12 & haven't been on them since. Thinking I might try my daughter's roller blades but I will have to wait til after dark so I don't embarrass myself in front of the neighbors:embarassed:
  • yoginimary
    Options

Sorry about your injuries Mary. I broke my arm roller skating when I was 12 & haven't been on them since. Thinking I might try my daughter's roller blades but I will have to wait til after dark so I don't embarrass myself in front of the neighbors:embarassed:

First time I tried roller blading, my much younger sister took me down a hill. I ended up with grass stains all over because I had to wipe out in someone's yard. I would try it in a rink first - though my injury was from a rink. I'm still trying to get my arms to match. I was in physical therapy for 6 weeks. Yoga has helped quite a bit - it's actually how I got started.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

That's amazing that your teacher will be with Iyengar! Wow.

I'm pushing it hard for this last week. Yesterday was a Power Sculpt class at the gym -- we did 1000 reps of various exercises, including 100 pushups. If I'm this sore today, I know I'll really be hurting tomorrow! It kind of reminded me of Mary's infamous two-person "toughest workout ever" class!!

After class I hit the bike for 30 minutes. I was aiming to burn 750 calories yesterday and hit the mark.

Today I'll probably do something similar -- there's a "Buff Ballet" workout that I might try at the gym, then cardio for 30 or 45 minutes.

And about to POWER CLEAN the apartment! Loving having this week off.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm so late to the party today.

I wore my HRM for my morning of a "typical teaching day". This includes my commute (2 buses and a train) and teaching four classes. In eight hours, that was worth 1000 calories. Then, I went to the gym and did the elliptical for 500 more calories.

Sushi for dinner! I had an extra maki roll for my troubles. :flowerforyou:

Now, I'm curious to wear the thing on a 24 hour no-exercise, light activity day. I'm still curious to sleep in it, but think I'd probably put it on and wake up not wearing it, like the socks I put on before bed and mysteriously find by the side of the bed in the morning.