24 pounds lost, yet still wearing the same!

Options

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I lost 90# before I bought any new clothes. Just used a belt.
    After that, I was going down a size every 10# until I got to size 10, my current size.
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the My clothes were too tight to begin with. 20-25 lbs was enough to make them fit better to just starting to get loose. Another 15-20 lbs and your pants will fall to your ankles without a belt.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My shirts really don't change - nor do I care a lot -but pants - depending on how snug they were to start - can sometimes take a while.

Stick with it - you'll get there
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It happened all at one time for some reason. One morning everything was too big... It was over 20lb before I really had issues. Now nothing fits so I'm just trying to get by until I am done losing.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Took me forever it seemed to drop in clothes sizes, but once it started happening it was crazy quick. I bet it was a good 3 or 4 months to move from 18 (US) to a 16, then it was like boom...12's, 10's, 8's all within a very short span of time. Give it more time, you will get there!

I had a similar experience though I started way bigger.

From 307 lb down to 240's I wore a 22. Skipped size 20, then wore an 18 for awhile. Kind of skipped 16 and then pretty quickly moved to 14, now in a 12 and sometimes need a 10 depending on brands.

I wore 2X and 3X shirts for ages and 1X didn't fit me for long. Have now gone to L. Pretty much skipped XL.

It is weird how sizes change. But do not lose heart! It will happen!!!
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    .. today I'm wearing a blouse I haven't worn since high school! (at 25lb lighter than I am today)

Congrats :)
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Oh and now I'm in between sizes which is super not cool!
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I've been many different pant sizes in my lifetime, and I can definitively say that when you are in the larger end of sizes, there are more pounds between sizes. When you are in the lower numbers, there are less pounds between sizes. For instance, the one and only time in my life that I wore size 6 pants, it only took 5 lbs to go up to an 8 (US). However, when in 16, it took almost 20 pounds to move to an 18.

ETA: Give it some time. You are losing size and getting healthier. The tags in your clothes will change, and when they do, I hope you have budgeted some $$ for a new wardrobe.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    has anyone experienced this? it is very frustrating. I lost 11 kg (almost 24 lbs) however, I still wear the same shirt and pants size.
    my old clothes are getting a bit loose (but just a tiny bit), although in my underwear my body's shape significant changes. I am reading about all those who lose weight and also lose sizes, doesnt apply to me.

sometimes it can take several months before there are real differences.
  • yasmine334
    Options
    I've been many different pant sizes in my lifetime, and I can definitively say that when you are in the larger end of sizes, there are more pounds between sizes. When you are in the lower numbers, there are less pounds between sizes. For instance, the one and only time in my life that I wore size 6 pants, it only took 5 lbs to go up to an 8 (US). However, when in 16, it took almost 20 pounds to move to an 18.

Absolutely agree, I thought this happens only to me! I am stuck with 18/16 for the last 30 pounds increase in my weight. but thanks for this note
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    If any of it has any elastic or was designed for stretch you could be wearing it for 60 pounds or more. I had one skirt that I wore until it finally fell off me as I was coming down some stairs (thankfully not in public). It started out as a 3x with a snug waistband and 70 or so pounds later it became more of a hip band before I finally had to toss it. I loved that skirt. I still don't own a black skirt that nice. But it's okay, I'd rather not be able to wear it again!

You could always have it altered to fit if you really love it. :smile:
  • KrzyGal
    KrzyGal Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If you're working out, keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat! If you're noticing change in your body then that may be the case.
  • karenMcMillan0712
    karenMcMillan0712 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was squeezing in a 14 even tho I started buying 16 since I realized I am fat. Loosing inches and my stretchy 12-14 pants are starting to be loose. I had a shelf on my bum-I say had because it is about gone.and the boobs (I am very okay with the boobs-I got to a 44-from a 36 for a long time.). So it takes time-ANd I am okay with what ever happens in it for the long run.
  • yasmine334
    Options
    You're probably the kind of person that loses weight everywhere (face, arms, belly, legs).

That.
  • freshstart180213
    freshstart180213 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20lb and im similar I was wearing baggy 18s simply because I dont like tight clothes well those zre clown pants now and I can put them on without even undoing them however the 16s that I could have worn before the weight loss were snug and now fit nicely with some room so stick at it he more u lose the closer that smaller dress size will be
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm approaching the 20 lb weight loss mark and wearing the same things too. I also seem to wear much larger sizes than other women my same height and weight, though I'm muscular and not fluffy/flabby so you would expect me to be more compact. *shakes head* It's always been like this for me. When I tell ppl I wear a size 12/14 they don't believe me, but I do. BMI is currently 23.9 and I'm five foot three so... go figure? I don't know!!! It's frustrating!!!
  • sjh8403
    sjh8403 Posts: 13
    Options
    I've lost 33 lbs. I started right at 300 and am now down to 267. I started in a size 22 and I'm still in a size 22. It bothered me at first, but I know that there are lots of factors that go into my pants size. I know you've probably been told this a million times, but don't measure your success by your pants size or by what the scale says. How do you feel? Do you have more energy? If so, then feel good about that. For me, my success is that my blood pressure went down. That's probably not what you want to hear, because you want to physically see results, just like me! But, trust me. Just keep with it and feel proud of your NSV and the change in your clothing and your reflection will come. :smile:
  • yasmine334
    Options
    my success is that my blood pressure went down. That's probably not what you want to hear, because you want to physically see results, just like me! But, trust me. Just keep with it and feel proud of your NSV and the change in your clothing and your reflection will come. :smile:

Thank you, this is very inspiring. I will check all my bio indicators :)
  • teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My clothes were so tight on me, I should have been in at least a size bigger when I started, so yes it took a while to drop a size, given I had to shrink back through the clothes I was wearing first!

Totally! I had to do my trousers up with a hairband a few weeks ago, they were so tight! I reckon I could easily lose a couple of stone and be in the same trousers, I'd just be able to do them up properly without injuring myself.
  • tigerbrown65
    Options
    Yes I have been dealing with the same thing, I can see the numbers going down on the scale but it looks like nothing else is changing. I think that maybe cause I am building muscle as a replacement....laugh: